• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Jacknife

International Captain
Good stuff from Jimmy.

Now that's how to bowl a short ball if your going to do on, straight at the head and that's exactly how not to bowl one, where it comes at chest level is pointless.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's time for another 15 pages of hysterical yelping about UDRS where we all know that Hot Spot often doesn't pick up thin edges, and use this to de construct our opponent's arguments that we made up and gave them in order to argue with.
Firstly i don't get clearly what you are exactly trying to say? :wacko:

And Secondly have always said neither Snicko and Hotspot are fully accurate and just need to be used as guiding tools in absolute clear cases. Need to define what we need technology for and what not for as Simon Taufel put it,not just blindly use it for everything and with inconsistencies.

Neither do i disagree with what i can gather you are trying to say.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Firstly i don't get clearly what you are exactly trying to say? :wacko:

And Secondly have always said neither Snicko and Hotspot are fully accurate and just need to be used as guiding tools in absolute clear cases. Need to define what we need technology for and what not for as Simon Taufel put it,not just blindly use it for everything and with inconsistencies.
Not having a go at you at all. Just musing on what a limitation on the technology we're all aware of means for "the UDRS debate" - that is, nothing.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, it's very much a full-length kinda pitch with the occasional surprise short one to keep the batsmen honest.

Might be even worth letting Bell have an over or two.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Bopara bowling ahead of Patel and Swann?
Think it's a good move to try him out on this wicket. Gives it a full, skiddy sort of length and can bring it back in to the batsman. I doubt Patel will get much of a bowl from what I've seen so far.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Think it's a good move to try him out on this wicket. Gives it a full, skiddy sort of length and can bring it back in to the batsman. I doubt Patel will get much of a bowl from what I've seen so far.
Was about to comment it as a good over until that rank full toss.

Jacknife

International Captain
How many more times do you have to be dispatched when you bowl, even the sightliest bit short before you learn, full pitch deliveries look so threatening so why not just stick to those.

It usually spins a bit down at Hampshire.

Last edited: