• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Been a while since I've seen Hoggy in action, so I'm tempted to defer judgement on that one.
I'd say he's definitely lost a yard, but was over 80mph fairly frequently in the T20 finals. Obviously he's more likely to go balls-out on such a day knowing he's, at most, bowling 8 overs. Generally between 78-81mph, which is appreciably faster than Singh still

Possibly, er, filled out a tad tho, although he was never exactly Bruce Reid & RP has a far more affectionate relationship with the pies.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lol they just showed David Lloyd smashing a six into someone's windscreen on SSN in what I assume was a charity match. Nice clip off the legs for a maximum

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Lol they just showed David Lloyd smashing a six into someone's windscreen on SSN in what I assume was a charity match. Nice clip off the legs for a maximum
Think Lloyd was playing in an England Legends XI against Murali, Wasim, Fairbrother and others. Along with Lloyd, the Legends included Flintoff, Vaughan, Atherton, Hick, Crawley and err…..Ronnie Irani. Sure Irani was there only to make up the numbers as Irani despises Flintoff, while Irani blamed Atherton for forcing him out of Lancashire and being aloof and it was David Lloyd’s fault Irani never played more for England.

Jacknife

International Captain
Think Lloyd was playing in an England Legends XI against Murali, Wasim, Fairbrother and others. Along with Lloyd, the Legends included Flintoff, Vaughan, Atherton, Hick, Crawley and err…..Ronnie Irani. Sure Irani was there only to make up the numbers as Irani despises Flintoff, while Irani blamed Atherton for forcing him out of Lancashire and being aloof and it was David Lloyd’s fault Irani never played more for England.
It's funny that I always though it was because he was ****e.:ph34r:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't help but wonder at Lanky's decision to bat today. It must have been overcast down at Worcester and with our brittle batting we were never going to get a good start - would rather have Luke Procter in the side than Chilton as well tbh - is Procter fit at the moment?

Scaly piscine

If Durham hadn't ****ed up so many games this season they'd be pretty much wrapping the title up today. So many teams have conspired to lose against Lancashire this season from relatively good or safe positions, such as their last match when Lancashire announced a team with Maharoof at 6. Worcestershire are nicely on their way to rolling over for them once again. It's quite irritating.

Then you've got Warwickshire who've allowed to Yorkshire to reach 182, batting 60odd overs before taking a second wicket. Dear god.

Somerset are busy fumbling away with Lancashire to see who drops the South Africa award for Best Chokers.

The most important thing is though that County Cricket now seems to be the go-to place for seeing if a guy is cut out for Test cricket. I'm struggling to think of guys who've done exceptional well there of late and aren't good Test players.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Then you've got Warwickshire who've allowed to Yorkshire to reach 182, batting 60odd overs before taking a second wicket. Dear god.
So you're moaning because Warwickshire, who are ahead of Durham with a game in hand, are struggling against a team in the relegation zone?

Scaly piscine

:laugh:

True for any club, no doubt.
Not really. Lancashire gained wins in games they should have drawn or lost as mentioned earlier.

Warwickshire are basically the same team of plodders they've been for ages, but with the emergence of Woakes. He's basically won them several games single-handedly. Another season and Woakes will be called up or won't be in such good form.

Somerset are a half decent side but the bowling is ordinary.

Lancashire and Warwickshire are punching above their weight without a doubt. Notts would be up there once they sort their batting out and obviously get hit badly by international call-ups. Durham had a bad run of injuries at the start of the season.

Jacknife

International Captain
Looks like Yorkshire are doing the best to **** it up again, after he decent start at 195-2 they've collapsed to 229-6, well done lads.