• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right, just got home. Every part of my body is still wet.

Lancashire ****ed up Game 1 spectacularly
Lancashire ****ed up Game 1.1 pretty impressively
Somerset ****ed up Game 2 even more impressively
Hampshire ****ed up Game 2.1 in some style
Somerset ****ed up Game 3 in unprecented fashion

Joshua Cobb. I don't think the guy bowled a single decent delivery.

Still, Nixon's catch was deserving of the send-off.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Mustard is really laying into Chris Jordan here, mind you he is serving up some of the juiciest half volleys you'll ever see.

Edit: aaand 23 ball 50 in a 40 over game. Mustrd4Englnd. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Themer

U19 Cricketer
First time I've had a proper look at Meaker. Like the look of his action and he's got very good pace but he's been all over this innings.

Definitely has the potential though if he can get some semblance of consistency.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Did Callum Thorp really open for Durham? And according to Cricinfo, Murali Kartik just batted 3 for Somerset. :wacko:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
First time I've had a proper look at Meaker. Like the look of his action and he's got very good pace but he's been all over this innings.

Definitely has the potential though if he can get some semblance of consistency.
What was the pace like?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sigh.

Colly holes out for 96 trying to bring up his ton in the grand manner.

Surrey's minds look elsewhere, it must be said. Missing Dernbach and Tremmers. No Arafat either, which is odd.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Onions looking back to his best here. I know its only a one day game, but he's bowling incredibly tightly at a good pace, with a bit of nip. On a completely flat Oval pitch where every other bowler is getting destroyed, too, go on Graham.

Jacknife

International Captain
Very good.

Averaging 89ish. Quickest I saw was 90.6 but it was a no ball.

Edit : Up at 92 now, second spell.
Meaker has all the tools but sends far too much down the leg side especially when he bowls a bouncer. If he could become more disciplined at his pace, he would be a decent bowler.
Chris Jordan bowled the quickest ball of the day 93 mph to Claydon, I'd forgotten he was even around anymore.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely Colly has to have a bowl, the spinners aren't giving any control whatsoever. Or try to blast them away with Onions? These two are bringing Surrey right back into the game.

Edit: Or Claydon. That's done it.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Strauss playing for Middlesex. Good to see, thought he'd have the season off to be honest.

He may have played yesterday for all I know, didn't bother checking scorecards though as only a one day game.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
To be honest, Strauss has looked in pretty decent nick all Summer.

When he got dropped in 2007, he looked in abysmal form, but generally this Summer he's looked good, then just got out from nowhere.

If he doesn't get decent runs this Winter on some of the roads we'll be on, then I'll start to worry. But until then, he's obviously a great player still!