• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez, Herath suddenly looks in his element. He is varying his flight, using the crease angles and just seems to give out a different vibe.

Looked so pedestrian in England.
Did indeed and in county cricket as well. Struggled to buy a wicket when at Surrey, averaged over 50 (FC cricket) during that stint with the club and he had a similar rough ride at Hampshire. Seems to be rocking up well today though.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really really want to see Ponting score 100 today. For whatever reason I love him so much more now he's just a batsman again :wub:

Jayzamann

International Regular
Slow going right now, but I'd rather that than wickets tumbling. It's been a while between big test match scores for Punter. Really want to see it on the first day of a test series.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How good is this Khawaja guy against spin?

Below him Midge is the only semi-decent batsman. It looks like a pretty long tail.
Debatable. He plays at the SCG so can handle domestic spin but was troubled by Swann in his only Test. I personally think that he is capable and wont look out of place against either of these two spinners.

Copeland, Harris, Lyon is just a standard tail I think, nothing special but if they have a batsman with them they can potentially last a while.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Debatable. He plays at the SCG so can handle domestic spin but was troubled by Swann in his only Test. I personally think that he is capable and wont look out of place against either of these two spinners.

Copeland, Harris, Lyon is just a standard tail I think, nothing special but if they have a batsman with them they can potentially last a while.
Copeland has aspirations with the bat, he's spoken about it before. Harris used to have aspirations with the bat but now he just wants to get through a match unscathed.

Copeland and Nathan Lyon had a very useful partnership in the only Aus A one day game they played in together. Lyon belted a six to win us the match.

So they are not complete mugs.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
That's understandable. Just hope that he doesn't end up looking woefully short at this level. Aus could do well with a young middle order bat who can construct good innings in challenging conditions.

adub

International Captain
should have asked about the lb there. I think the only reason it missed leg was because it caught a bit of thigh.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Copeland has aspirations with the bat, he's spoken about it before. Harris used to have aspirations with the bat but now he just wants to get through a match unscathed.

Copeland and Nathan Lyon had a very useful partnership in the only Aus A one day game they played in together. Lyon belted a six to win us the match.

So they are not complete mugs.
That is good to know. Always a bit challenging for a non SC player (esp. lower order) to play on a deck like this so early in his career.