• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Morning all. What'd I miss?

Edit: Clarke out. Is the wicket turning already?
Yeah, the first ball Herath bowled turned appreciably, got Watson out and turned the game on its head. There hasn't been too much turn since then really, although the odd one has bitten.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
There's enough turn and bounce (with a typically crumbly top layer) on display. This is just the start of the 2nd session of day one. One wonders how this pitch would behave in the coming days.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No better sight seeing a batsman getting done playing for non-existent turn. Always the best when it’s against bowlers as flat as Paul Harris or Dan Vettori.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Jeez, Herath suddenly looks in his element. He is varying his flight, using the crease angles and just seems to give out a different vibe.

Looked so pedestrian in England.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've only just started watching since lunch, has there been any missed chances so far? I want to see Hughes's wicket sounded like a quality ball going by cricinfo - how has Punter looked?

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
It's gripping the pitch and the odd one is spitting off the track. I'd have a short-leg and a short cover at most times for the seamers on this deck.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
I've only just started watching since lunch, has there been any missed chances so far? I want to see Hughes's wicket sounded like a quality ball going by cricinfo - how has Punter looked?
Best of all 5 batsmen I've seen thus far, IMHO. The wicket is doing things though. Hughes got a real good one that just kicked nastily from a length.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
He's looked good, played one loose shot and almost got caught at mid-on, solid otherwise