• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's funny because it's usually one of his strengths is his game against spinners.
Fair enough.

There's the old "televised runs counting double" thing too tho. Failed versus Ireland now at T20 finals day; arguably the two highest profile games he's played so far.

Rain looks like it's settled in for a while.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Fair enough.

There's the old "televised runs counting double" thing too tho. Failed versus Ireland now at T20 finals day; arguably the two highest profile games he's played so far.

Rain looks like it's settled in for a while.
Yeah, for guys like me-- living overseas-- televised games are all we see. So, despite reading so much positive stuff about Taylor, it is hard not to trust your own eyes rather than those of others and the two games I have seen he has looked poor.

Howe_zat

Audio File
You must've lost some for him there then. Spun it sideways.

Third time unlucky for Taylor. Bit of a question mark against the boy to spin, which could be crucial when it comes to the squads for the winter.
Fuming, frankly. What a traitor to the cause.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, for guys like me-- living overseas-- televised games are all we see. So, despite reading so much positive stuff about Taylor, it is hard not to trust your own eyes rather than those of others and the two games I have seen he has looked poor.
His main feature is his run scoring ability. So how he looks is even more irrelevant for him than it would be, otherwise.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Slower ball to Razzaq: yuk.

Nailed for a Dorothy.

But WTF was that? Nixon tries to sneak thru for the bye but Razzaq hadn't read the script. :laugh:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Think Leics are a few short. 140 would've had it just about even. There's a bit in the pitch but Leics have far better batting than bowling.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Leicester are rather short on slow dobber options, they've only got Henderson. Cobb bowls part-time leg-spin which can go either way, the rest are mediums - although if they bowl cutters it might be quite effective. The start is important, if Lancashire get ahead of the run-rate they should cruise it really (although they've been known to choke so...)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
3 boundaries in a row, almost a carbon copy the last two.

I enjoyed watching Mahmood get hit around towards the end too. Looks a pretty close game, Lancs should win though I guess with this start.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Leicester are rather short on slow dobber options, they've only got Henderson. Cobb bowls part-time leg-spin which can go either way, the rest are mediums - although if they bowl cutters it might be quite effective. The start is important, if Lancashire get ahead of the run-rate they should cruise it really (although they've been known to choke so...)
Taylor bowls some gash leggies too, but can't see Hoggy calling on him.

Useful first over from Ronald so far.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Benedict the Sky scorer reckons it's a tie as is.

Not convinced, tbh. When Pollock was one short in the WC SA lost, didn't they?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well that was bizarre. Surely while it's chucking it down, you know it's time to get ahead of the rate asap?

If the match comes back but is reduced further, Lancashire will have it. When a match is reduced from 20 overs, every reduction starts to favour the chasing side.