• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Speaking as a neutral, it's been a real shame to see how they've fared given their policy of giving young English talent a run in the side. Hopefully they'll come straight back up. Whilst not wanting to see them abandon their principles, they could do with another Darren Lehmann figure next year - test class but not part of his country's test side.
Rather a difficult task when there are a lot of International top sixes that aren't Test class. It would be difficult to look much past Rudolph in terms of this role, although if someone can persuade Katich to come over for a summer they've got a fantastic signing there.

The Clarke/Sussex transfer's still not gone through yet, according to his Twitter: the issue is that Sussex are offering a longer contract, as far as I can tell. You have to sympathise with a young family that stability is probably the #1 factor now.

Neil Pickup

Managed to get a ticket for T20 finals day tomorrow. Don't have any particularly strong feelings either way about any of the four sides involved but as I'm sat in the Somerset section I guess I'll be cheering for the Zidermen.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Managed to get a ticket for T20 finals day tomorrow. Don't have any particularly strong feelings either way about any of the four sides involved but as I'm sat in the Somerset section I guess I'll be cheering for the Zidermen.
I hope that for once the finals day pitch has a bit of pace in it to encourage quality cricket, but since it's at Edgbaston - a notoriously ****ty slow pitch - and it's the fag end of the summer I guess it'll be a standard anti-cricket slogathon. That would favour Hampshire the most I guess, given their bowling attack would make India's look quick. I'd prefer to see Somerset or Lancashire win though because at least they have some quality, so expect a turgid Leicester v Hampshire final with Mascarenhas having 3 caught at mid-off.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Which block is that, suspecting it's the Hollies stand - I'm in Block 29 with the Lancashire fans, guess I'll cheer for them as they're not wining the Championship this season :ph34r:

Neil Pickup

Which block is that, suspecting it's the Hollies stand - I'm in Block 29 with the Lancashire fans, guess I'll cheer for them as they're not wining the Championship this season :ph34r:
No idea. Will find out when me and my mate meet up with his brother tomorrow morning...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Don't expect us to do anything today, we're missing Junaid and we will probably replace him with Glenn Chapple, who's abscence from the T20 side coincided with our good run. Should be kept for FC games nowadays, too hittable.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't expect us to do anything today, we're missing Junaid and we will probably replace him with Glenn Chapple, who's abscence from the T20 side coincided with our good run. Should be kept for FC games nowadays, too hittable.
Bumble reckons it's the "optimal" Lancs team with Chapple back.

One admires the optimism.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Saj is such a frustrating cricketer. Absolutely perfect 87mph yorker first up that knocks Jefferson's middle peg clean over.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gah. Cross makes an absolute Horlicks of a regulation stumping. Taylor should be gone.

Keedy ragging it square already.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Taylor to ton up here. Charmed life.

How can you not give that? Might as well not bother with LBW if you aren't sticking the finger up for that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Parry is one of my favourite players this year. I have deep respect for his utter refusal to turn a ball.
You must've lost some for him there then. Spun it sideways.

Third time unlucky for Taylor. Bit of a question mark against the boy to spin, which could be crucial when it comes to the squads for the winter.

Jacknife

International Captain
You must've lost some for him there then. Spun it sideways.

Third time unlucky for Taylor. Bit of a question mark against the boy to spin, which could be crucial when it comes to the squads for the winter.
It's funny because it's usually one of his strengths is his game against spinners.