• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Matches

Howe_zat

Audio File
Taunton may be a batsman's wicket but it hardly explains 300-odd for 1, come on. And well over four an over.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Taunton may be a batsman's wicket but it hardly explains 300-odd for 1, come on. And well over four an over.
True.

But tbf, the bowlers are playing their first match on this tour and a couple of them playing the first FC match for a long time.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sure. But I think the criticism here has been pretty restrained. No need to try and hang things on the pitch.

The_roc

U19 Captain
True.

But tbf, the bowlers are playing their first match on this tour and a couple of them playing the first FC match for a long time.
Then the arogant bastards should have gone to the Caribbean to get a bit of practice in.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Then the arogant bastards should have gone to the Caribbean to get a bit of practice in.
Were carrying injuries allegedly.

In any case, doubt they would have wanted to go to the caribbean risking further injury to play better in a match against Somerset:p

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparantly Mishra hurt his finger, which is why he hasn't been bowling. Bad for India, they really need him I'd have thought
Mishra copped the ball on the end of his finger with a half-stop/return catch in the afternoon session. Incidentally, I missed Compton's wicket because I was having a poo.

Sure. But I think the criticism here has been pretty restrained. No need to try and hang things on the pitch.
It's also worth keeping in mind that it was heavily overcast for the afternoon and evening, and on a pitch that did have a greenish tinge to it when viewed from the ropes, I'd have expected a great deal more from the seamers: like going past the edge occasionally...

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Flat pitches will favour england more than seaming wickets as indian bowlers always need some sort of assistance to bowl well.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
100 up for Suppiah with a delicate late cut off Waterboy.

I am trying to work out what message it sends to have Yuvraj & Raina bowling in tandem apart from "we want to bowl these remaining overs as quick as possible and go home."
Well we all know how much MSD wants to get to his hotel...

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Thought it was you who said in one of the threads, that some batsmen will rape Broad to get a lot of :naughty: responses?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Taunton. Home of big scores. Bowlers' nightmare. Where Ian Blackwell established himself as a prolific six-hitter.

Indians having any success with the ball will be a mere bonus. It's the batting that will be crucial. It's just a matter of which team has more centuries.