• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was nothing wrong with what you said. You keep quoting Dhoni Fan though, who I have on ignore. But because I don't have you on ignore (seriously debating it now though :ph34r: ) I have to keep reading his posts!
Ah I see. When is this game on then? You'll be reading plenty if him soon enough :ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach
I am already sick and tired of this game the dinner table conversations are cringeworthy with ladies in the household passing their (not so) expert comments.

Dissector

International Debutant
Imran on CNN talking about India-Pakistan world cup final......great 3 minute interview.....he thinks Dhoni has a definite advantage over Afridi as captain but Afridi has done really well over the last 3 months.....lol
@ people in a public rally asking him to stop the politics and go and help Afridi to win the world cup :).....
Haha , that was hilarious. I wish he would take their advice and go to Mohali. It would drive the media on both sides of the border to an even higher pitch of frenzy.:laugh:

What's the news on Shoaib's fitness? Of all the Pakistani bowlers he is the one I am most worried about assuming he is fit. The others are good ODI bowlers and they could restrict India but Shoaib is a top-class test bowler who could potentially destroy India with one spell. Besides it would be amazing to see a fit Shoaib battle against Sachin and Sehwag in such a huge game.

salman85

International Debutant
An extract from the Paper i read this morning :

"Shoaib Akhtar seemed like a shadow of his former self as he limped back to his bowling mark in the nets here at the PCA stadium on Sunday.A couple of minutes later, he sprinted towards the batsman - Mohammad Hafeez - and tried hurling the new ball with express pace but the opener comfortably drove it away.Akhtar just stood there for a few seconds trying to catch his breath"

I know this is nothing to go by,but it shows you that Shoaib will still struggle to bowl towards the end of the innings.Needless to say,he still has the ability to be potent in the early part of the innings,even without the pace.

P.S - Has anyone seen that 'black stone' clip reported by an Indian Channel?Talk about a paranoid media.

smash84

The Tiger King
Haha , that was hilarious. I wish he would take their advice and go to Mohali. It would drive the media on both sides of the border to an even higher pitch of frenzy.:laugh:

What's the news on Shoaib's fitness? Of all the Pakistani bowlers he is the one I am most worried about assuming he is fit. The others are good ODI bowlers and they could restrict India but Shoaib is a top-class test bowler who could potentially destroy India with one spell. Besides it would be amazing to see a fit Shoaib battle against Sachin and Sehwag in such a huge game.
haha.......yeah it would be good if Imran was to go to Mohali for the match but I doubt that after the 96 WC QF he would want to go to another knockout match against India........Saeed Anwar was telling me that before they had gone out to bat in the 96 QF at Bangalore Imran had come into the dressing room and given them a pep talk especially the openers and said that "Saeed, you are the key, if you play well Pakistan have a chance but I am not sure how well you will play today."

There was a big front page article in The News (one of the largest circulating English newspapers) that said that Shoaib didn't look that great in practice sessions and it would be a surprise if Pakistan play him. It also quoted Afridi as being non-committal about playing Akhtar. In fact from what I read into Afridi's comments it seemed as if they won't play him.

Dissector

International Debutant
India TV :laugh:
For those of you who don't know, it's a really crappy Indian "news" channel known for its sensational fare. No one takes it seriously.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
India TV :laugh:
For those of you who don't know, it's a really crappy Indian "news" channel known for its sensational fare. No one takes it seriously.
Yeah, the channel doesn't take itself seriously either. Basically, people watch it for entertainment. The channel knows it and continues to dish out astonishingly silly stories, pretending to be serious about what they are showing. The facade goes on.

EDIT: Generally the English media is a little better in India than the Hindi and other local language media. They would still be hyping up Indian players and comparing Tendulkar with Bradman at every opportunity, but they don't show supernatural/superstitious stories at least.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
:laugh: @ Sohail talking about BMWs and rickshaws.

That was one of the ****test things I have ever heard. Worst metaphor ever.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
India to win easily unless they get nervous in front of their own crowd or have an off day. India are a superior team for the following reasons:

-Never lost in a world cup to Pakistan, highlights we are always ready for the big occasion in this rivalry.

-Pakistan's batting is much much weaker than famed Indian batting lineup. If you look at the leading run scorers for this world cup, there is not a Pakistani to be seen. Therefore India can easily chase whatever paltry total Pakistan set, or if India bat first, the game will be over in 50 overs.

-Only Umar Gul could get into the Indian team on current form. That shows just the gulf in class between the two nations.

I was more worried about Australia and SL before the world cup, and SL still remain a worry.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah i saw that.

I have to say,Shastri just crossed the line from confidence to overconfidence.He claims that in the next 6 months,India will beat Pakistan on a green top 8 out of 10 times anywhere in the world :blink:
They would, Pakistan don't have a great attack now that Asif and Aamer are banned. Akhtar is past it and can rarely perform to his previous level, Riaz is inconsistent, Gul is class though.

Last edited: