• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Previous match up between teams are irrelevant. It's all about who performs better on the day. Look at NZ for example. Pakistan has a good record against them in previous world cups. Despite that, they still managed to thrash us in the group stages.

cricpk

U19 12th Man
Yeah look mate, you can bring out all the stats you like the fact remains how many times has Pakistan beaten India in the World Cup? that is the pinnacle of our sport that is when the pressure is on, and the best deliever, and you have never managed that against us, to be quite honest.
Best never have 40% win record against a poor side, that is another fact. Now coming to this world cup, you are over rating your batting side because India have played on flat pitches. We played on slow low & on some pitches that even swung. We will see on wednesday, who is better.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Previous match up between teams are irrelevant. It's all about who performs better on the day. Look at NZ for example. Pakistan has a good record against them in previous world cups. Despite that, they still managed to thrash us in the group stages.
Previous match ups dont count for much although this WC stat does show that Pak have never been able to handle the pressure against us on the biggest stage.

As I have said before, this game is really all about us, it does not matter who Pakistan put on the park if we execute our skills, then I don't think Pakistan are going to get near us.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Best never have 40% win record against a poor side, that is another fact. Now coming to this world cup, you are over rating your batting side because India have played on flat pitches. We played on slow low & on some pitches that even swung. We will see on wednesday, who is better.
Our last game was not a flat pitch and we came out trumps! We just have to go out there and repeat how we played in our last game! and we will be through to our 3rd world cup final!

cricpk

U19 12th Man
Previous match ups dont count for much although this WC stat does show that Pak have never been able to handle the pressure against us on the biggest stage.

As I have said before, this game is really all about us, it does not matter who Pakistan put on the park if we execute our skills, then I don't think Pakistan are going to get near us.
And i also said, None can match us if we play to our potential.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
And i also said, None can match us if we play to our potential.
As you proved by never beating us in a World Cup!

This isnt a case of us being analysts or looking over our shoulder and comparing apples as it were, if we pla to our best we will win

cricpk

U19 12th Man
Our last game was not a flat pitch and we came out trumps! We just have to go out there and repeat how we played in our last game! and we will be through to our 3rd world cup final!
We aren't Australia. We can play your spin bowlers better. We can score more runs than the total which Australia put up & Our bowling line up is far better than Australian Bowling line up.If india repeat their perforamance, i can bet you are going to lose.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
We aren't Australia. We can play your spin bowlers better. We can score more runs than the total which Australia put up & Our bowling line up is far better than Australian Bowling line up.If india repeat their perforamance, i can bet you are going to lose.
Given the history of some of your players am surprised you want to mention the B world at all.

Getting back to the Semi Final, Pakistan have one of the weakest batting line up of the top nations! It cannot be be compared to that of Australia, sure the Aussies are not quite where they once were, but in truth that match should have been the final.

We do not have to improve on our performance from Thursday night we just have to repeat it and we win, simple!

cricpk

U19 12th Man
Given the history of some of your players am surprised you want to mention the B world at all.

Getting back to the Semi Final, Pakistan have one of the weakest batting line up of the top nations! It cannot be be compared to that of Australia, sure the Aussies are not quite where they once were, but in truth that match should have been the final.

We do not have to improve on our performance from Thursday night we just have to repeat it and we win, simple!
India has the weakest bowling line up in this world cup. Even Bangladesh has better bowling unit. And india's batting line is just an overrated batting line up. And i think Australia just didn't bowl well otherwise it should have been a Pakistan vs Australia semi final.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I will interrupt this mini battle between D_F and cricpk and put my captain's cap firmly on.I think it would not be a bad idea to send Umer Akmal at 3 as he's the only batsman in the Pakistan sise who can take the game away if he plays long. Afridi only fires once in 5 innings while Razzaq is needed as an insurance at the death.If he gets out early there is YK and Mis to steady the ship however if he stays he will not only score big but will score quick aswell.

cricpk

U19 12th Man
I will interrupt this mini battle between D_F and cricpk and put my captain's cap firmly on.I think it would not be a bad idea to send Umer Akmal at 3 as he's the only batsman in the Pakistan sise who can take the game away if he plays long. Afridi only fires once in 5 innings while Razzaq is needed as an insurance at the death.If he gets out early there is YK and Mis to steady the ship however if he stays he will not only score big but will score quick aswell.
Me not in a battle. I'm just passing some time :P cuz still have 60 hours left before match will start.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Me not in a battle. I'm just passing some time :P cuz still have 60 hours left before match will start.
Good job! because if you handle the pressure of a battle like how Pakistan handle the pressure of a WC match against us, then you would be in all sorts of trouble.

salman85

International Debutant
cricpk,Don't mind Dhoni_Fan.

He thought West Indies would beat Pakistan as they had the psychological edge over us because of the last time we played in the WC.

So now it's certain that his Resume will be the first one hitting the trash can when History Inc. holds interviews for the position of 'Nostradamus'.

Last edited:

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
cricpk,Don't mind Dhoni_Fan.

He thought West Indies would beat Pakistan as they had the psychological edge over us because of the last time we played in the WC.

So now it's certain that his Resume will be the first one hitting the trash can when History Inc. holds interviews for the position of 'Nostradamus'.

I never said West Indies would win! I said they they held a psuchological edge over Pakistan, which they did to be fair, but on the day they did not deliever the goods so did not get the victory!

Pakistan have done themselves proud to reach the Semi Final, but realistically, this Semi Final is in our hands is we go out there and pla to our potential, then it doesnt really matter who Pakistan pick in their 11, we will win the contest.