• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BeeGee

International Captain
Everyone loves a good graph, right?

Got back to 60-40 India with Dhoni's wicket. Admit it, which Indian fans were crapping themselves at that point?
I was crapping myself at that point, but that's not because I'm an Indian fan. I think it was the dodgy breakfast burrito I ate.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
I have to agree with kiwininja and BeeGee that the arrogance shown by some posters is just incredible. It's as if India has already won the WC. Where is IndiaLose when you need him. :))
Hello there.........

India somehow managed to win this. I am extremely happy. Congrats to Team India. :) But Indian fans including me should not get carried away by this victory. There are high chances that team India F's it all up in the semis or finals.

Don't start celebrating because it might backfire. Remember WC in 1996!! India won their QF match against Pakistan, which made the fans bullish and the team overconfident. In the subsequent match, India lost badly.

So yes, hold your horses. As Dhoni (Good captaincy today, but poor batting....) says "One game at a time". Just don't go into overdrive celebration mode.

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
Well played, India. I have to say that it is rather satisfying to see the back of Australia so early in a knock out tournament.

India vs Pak is going to be a cracker.

Himannv

International Coach
Let him play IPL, star in woeful Bollywood movies, sing crappy songs and make millions
Doubtless this will happen :laugh:

I guess you're right about the rest too. Such a pity though. He was a much better bowler than the figures suggest IMO. Even in tests I remember some seriously fiery spells where he went wicketless. Was their best bowler in the WC by far.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm so very happy right now. Our superstar batting line up really came through for us. Dhoni is in poor form and Sehwag is injured but the excellence of the others more than accounted for it. Tendulkar, Gambhir and Yuvraj were excellent. The run out and Kohli's dismissal were inexcusable though, we cannot afford to throw wickets away like that.

As for the bowling, Ashwin was good and Harbhajan was solid other than the last over but bloody hell, Yuvraj was superb. He really has become more than a handy bowler in the right conditions. He is flighting the ball like a pro. As for the seam bowlers, it is great to see Zaheer succeed as it is clear that hard work has gone into him perfecting the new knuckle ball that he has. Munaf Patel appears dead weight though, he needs a performance in the semi-final, he has bowled fine, just a few too many loose deliveries. He is a very small way away from ending up with good figures, just too many boundary balls.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Awesome win indeed for us. Really thought we had bottled it when Dhoni got out but Yuvi was immense. Raina, I have been a big supporter of him and just when I thought he wasn't worth it he comes up with an awesome performance. How can I hate a guy who gives his 120% and is so talented.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Well Cameron White is no Symonds or Watson, that's for sure. What an incredibly disappointing World Cup for him.

And I still can't believe we had a player in hot form the way Hopes has been for the past 3 months and yet we leave him and his experience at home for Hastings.

R_D

International Debutant
Everyone loves a good graph, right?

Got back to 60-40 India with Dhoni's wicket. Admit it, which Indian fans were crapping themselves at that point?
I must admit... I did not think Raina would last more than few overs against the quick bowlers. He played one decent pull shot and than Australian fast bowlers stopped bowling short to him. Watson bowled a good one later on and Raina had no idea how to play that. I was a bit surprised they didn't pepper him with more short balls...

Raina played well though... Kudos to him. I'm rather glad now that he was playing and not yosuf...
What an exciting match.... India nearly ****ed it up but Yuvi saved the day.
I have a new found respect for Yuvi and the way he is playing in this wold cup... Indian batting lineup looks so much more dangerous with Yuvi batting well.

Looking forward to Pakistan match.... Promises to be a cracker.

Redbacks

International Captain
Thought Kohli also looked very good working the spinners around. It is not something that comes naturally to him and I thought he might get tied down a bit by Krejza, Clarke and Hussey but he did well. I'll forgive him that full-toss dismissal, seeing as the result went our way.
You get the feeling if you can restrict his leg side scoring opportunities he will struggle to score fluently, played a nice cover drive for four, but mostly just excellent at working to ball towards the leg side.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
:(. Well done India, you guys played the better cricket. It looks like I'm going to have to grow up in an era of some dire Australian cricket. If only I was born a few years earlier so I could of enjoyed the mid 2000's ect.

Ponting's century the only relief for me.

Go Pakistan!