• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 15 - England v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teja.

Global Moderator
A random,pretty demented Facebook status.I'm guilty of having a chuckle at it though :

"Bob wolmer lost his life when Pakistan lost to Ireland.Good luck andy flower" :ph34r:
I'd forgive it's inappropriateness if it was even remotely funny tbh but it's not. :p

Blaze 18

Banned
I just hope no-one asks ICC to look into this match and stuff. All former players should keep their trap shut.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only in cricket would you see such a turnaround. :D

So awesome.
A student lost £4,400 this week when he decided to lump his entire student loan on Angola beating Mali in the African Cup of Nations.

At the time of the bet Angola were cruising at 4-0 up with just 10 minutes to go, but the unthinkable happened and Mali scored 4 goals at the death to grab a remarkable 4-4 draw.

The odds on offer on Betfair were so ridiculous that the student only stood to make £44 back from the wager.

stumpski

International Captain
Four years ago they beat Pakistan in a low-scoring game, and that was a tremendous result, but chasing down over 300 against one of the 'big eight' makes it unquestionably the greatest day in the history of Irish cricket. Even as an Englishman I'm happy for them - as long as it doesn't cost us a quarter-final place, obviously.

And quite extraordinary that two of the three fastest WC 100s have been scored by batsmen from associate teams. Do they just go out and hit, with no fear of the consequences?

Blaze 18

Banned
This upset is one of a kind isn't it ? When an associate team beats "one of the big eight", it's usually by bowling them out for a low score and then chasing it down. This was a hell of a lot different.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If I was a glass half full England supporter, I'd be pointing out that my team could fall over the line against the Dutch, tie with India and lose to the Irish (the equivalent of beating the Faroe Islands on penalties, drawing with Portugal and losing to Tonga in football :laugh:) and still be in with a chance of being crowned World Champs!