• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 15 - England v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I guess the English now know what it feels like to be a Pakistani fan, and by the way welcome to the club, it was getting quite lonely here being the only team to have lost to the Irish :laugh:

I guess Ejaz Butt was right afterall :ph34r:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Go Ireland!!! Lol England!!! :)

I said it before... It was a good day for England and a bad day for India and still it was only a tie!!! England gotta pick up their socks...

But they could well do a Pakistan of 1992.. I see, a lot of you here are already calling them the new Pakistan.. :p
England's performance against India was actually a bad day considering the Banglas scored 280-odd

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni mentioned it after the last match and it actually becomes easier to bat in the second innings with the ball coming on quicker on that Bangalore pitch.

Still great performance by Ireland!!!!

Superb.

Specially Kevin O'Brien. What A Innnings!!!!!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
England's performance against India was actually a bad day considering the Banglas scored 280-odd
lol.. we will see later, my friend.. I am pretty confident that the Indian bowling side definitely took it somewhat easy out there at certain stages... And trust me, it was a bad day for India in the field... Future will see who is right..

Jacknife

International Captain
Dhoni mentioned it after the last match and it actually becomes easier to bat in the second innings with the ball coming on quicker on that Bangalore pitch.

Superb.

It seemed to be that way, but still, to hit the ball that hard, that often and not sky one, or get caught is pretty remarkable because as we all know it doesn't take a great delivery to get a wicket.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
It seemed to be that way, but still, to hit the ball that hard, that often and not sky one, or get caught is pretty remarkable because as we all know it doesn't take a great delivery to get a wicket.
He did sky one or two, it's just that England also dropped a few :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It was a good day for our batting and a bad day for out bowling, I think.
I am not really sure though.. coz it is the top 4 who seem to be scoring all the runs.. And they may fail at some point..

I juz think England are a LOT better than they have shown themselves to be in this WC so far..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Superb.

Did Dhoni bat second dig did he? No. So he can STFU, making excuses for his team's piss poor defence.

I'd be embarassed if I heard Strauss saying that tonight.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
England's fielding has been poor in this tournament. I can't recall the last time they fielded like this. I wonder what's wrong; their fielding in Australia was exceptional.

Jacknife

International Captain
I am not really sure though.. coz it is the top 4 who seem to be scoring all the runs.. And they may fail at some point..

I juz think England are a LOT better than they have shown themselves to be in this WC so far..
Well before the WC the 2 areas I wouldn't have had to many worries about, is the fielding and the bowling, but as we've seen it's the batting that has been very good .The fielding especially, is hard to get my head around, before this WC I'd have said, they were one of the best fielding sides around, but god knows what's happened. The bowling is a worry because they've bowled well as a unit for about 2 years and all of a sudden they are struggling to get the right line & lengths when it's needed, especially the last 20 overs. I still think that they will click and show what they can do, but they have to pull their fingers out and make sure there's no more of this.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Did Dhoni bat second dig did he? No. So he can STFU, making excuses for his team's piss poor defence.

I'd be embarassed if I heard Strauss saying that tonight.
:mellow: Forgive me if I sound bitter/rude but Bit OTT, one feels. Captains make excuses such as saying the pitch became flatter or the dew came in all the time. Don't see the reason for so much anger. He mentioned it in passing too, It's not like he said "The English batting is a joke and they could only hit 338 because the ball came on easier'. His statement was something like 'the ball was coming on slightly easier to the bat in the second Innings' while praising the English batting much much more. Fair 'nuff if you want to criticize that one statement in passing that much, I guess.

Blaze 18

Banned
I still think England will make it to the quarters. As I have said before, they are a quality side. These things happen (see India and Pakistan in 2007). I fully expect them to bounce back and beat (convincingly) West Indies and Bangladesh. Not sure about South Africa though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Umm... Just woke up.

Tell me that what I think may have happened, actually happened.