• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England can beat India "every day of week": Gough

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh calm down everyone I meant on form.

And if being a prick accounts for anything he'd never get in the team. Hate him. :ph34r:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We shall see is all I can say. Trying to imagine a scenario where India lose a series at home to England, but I can't see one.
I don't really get where this level of certainty comes from, India have been horribly unconvincing at home to South Africa, Australia and even New Zealand lately. You were one not-terrible decision away from losing a home test against the team England just crushed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh calm down everyone I meant on form.

And if being a prick accounts for anything he'd never get in the team. Hate him. :ph34r:
Ahh fair enough. You're right - AB's form has been pretty poor. Over the last six Tests he averages a mere 119, while his last 16 Tests have returned an average of just 71.

Can't hit the ball off the square of late.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't really get where this level of certainty comes from, India have been horribly unconvincing at home to South Africa, Australia and even New Zealand lately. You were one not-terrible decision away from losing a home test against the team England just crushed.
You're not allowed to say that!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't really get where this level of certainty comes from,
Because it's so rare - and it's not because of coincidence. Far weaker Indian teams with no bowling attacks and mediocre batting attacks find ways not to lose. Because if the series is in doubt, there will be dustbowls.

As I say, good luck. I'd love to see it if it happens. It'd be epic.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
In fact, I don't see any way whatsoever that England win a series in India, unless the groundskeeper wants to stick it to the BCCI like what happened in 2004 at Nagpur against Australia.

But, as I said, maybe England will do what Waugh's men couldn't do. We'll find out though. It's not for a couple years yet though and both sides (India especially) will likely be different.

There is a much bigger chance of a draw though - a bad wicket may see India go down 0-1, and then proper instructions would hopefully go out.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes I know its irrational and inexplicable but its a case of really not liking someone so much that you no longer care about their stats, so obviously no-one is going to agree with me (which is absolutely fair enough). Just listening to his terrible music, which he seems to take so ridiculously seriously, reading this interview where he karps on about dreams and being a dreamer and all this pretentious bull**** that has nothing to do with cricket...

I expect a load of horrible abuse now so go ahead with it...

Uppercut

Because it's so rare - and it's not because of coincidence. Far weaker Indian teams with no bowling attacks and mediocre batting attacks find ways not to lose. Because if the series is in doubt, there will be dustbowls.

As I say, good luck. I'd love to see it if it happens. It'd be epic.
Would love to see it too, hopefully it happens while Swann's still playing like a champ. But instead there'll be a hastily-arranged two-match series which anti-climactically ends 1-1 after each side edges one thriller each.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Would love to see it too, hopefully it happens while Swann's still playing like a champ. But instead there'll be a hastily-arranged two-match series which anti-climactically ends 1-1 after each side edges one thriller each.
Yup, much more likely. In any case, I will back [Insert Indian Random Batting Order] against Swann in India every day. If they win, it won't be on Swann's back - though he could be valuable to keep things tight and maybe a wicket or two.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, unless he happens to outbowl Warne, Murali and a bunch of other spinners who've toured. Which is not probable and would only happen on a massive dustbowl...and then I'd back the two Indian spinners anyway.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Yup, much more likely. In any case, I will back [Insert Indian Random Batting Order] against Swann in India every day. If they win, it won't be on Swann's back - though he could be valuable to keep things tight and maybe a wicket or two.
AWTA. I'm convinced that none of the teams today stand a chance against India at home until the fab 3 retire.

Uppercut

Yes I know its irrational and inexplicable but its a case of really not liking someone so much that you no longer care about their stats, so obviously no-one is going to agree with me (which is absolutely fair enough). Just listening to his terrible music, which he seems to take so ridiculously seriously, reading this interview where he karps on about dreams and being a dreamer and all this pretentious bull**** that has nothing to do with cricket...

I expect a load of horrible abuse now so go ahead with it...
Haha nah, you can hate him all you like. Just don't try to pretend he's not awesome at cricket :p.

I like him because he's really underrated so I find myself sticking up for him a lot. And because he's such a sick fielder. Not too fussed about his off-field persona, evangelically Christian so I suspect I might find him rather annoying in person, but I really like him as a cricketer.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
AWTA. I'm convinced that none of the teams today stand a chance against India at home until the fab 3 retire.

Not really concerned about the fab three in India. Outside India, the fab three will be a big loss and that's going to be a huge huge concern.

Inside India, you can insert a whole boatload of Jaffer-esque replacements and you'd get double centurions left and right.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sure, if Udal is your main spinner, I suppose you've got more problems. The reason the top spinners do worse in India is because the team is prepared and just doesn't take risks. Sometimes they have a brain farts against mediocre spinners because try to go after them way too much (esp. if thats the only real weak link). If you look at some of those wickets, the shots they played they would never play against a Warne, or even a Swann.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nah, forget Udal, this is much worse for India:

I'd back England to win if they somehow came with him as their frontline bowler :p.