• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I strongly dislike players trying to hook left handed fast bowlers. The angle makes the shot ridiculously risky.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni looking to go out in the exact same way as he did in the 2nd dig in the first test obviously :dry:

Lucky stuff.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If someone... anyone can get to a 50, we can still get close to 250 I guess.. then need some inspired stuff from the bowlers.

shankar

International Debutant
If someone... anyone can get to a 50, we can still get close to 250 I guess.. then need some inspired stuff from the bowlers.
It depends on the conditions continuing to remain overcast. Don't think there's that much life in the pitch.

Uppercut

Mmm. Only watched the last ten overs or so but I'm getting the impression Steyn's made the deck look much worse than it is.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
If there was great lateral movement, then it would've been all over by now. The good thing for india is that there's already turn on offer, and Harby can chip in with a few wickets here.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
The pitch isn't all that bad. There is enough in it if you are good enough but their were some really loose shots played by some of the players and we can't afford that.

Hoping for 250 now, It's still possible. Ishant can definitely hang around. MS needs to play a good knock.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mmm. Only watched the last ten overs or so but I'm getting the impression Steyn's made the deck look much worse than it is.
Ball is bouncing a mile, and Tsotsobe was bringing the ball back in off the deck, which is ridiculous.

Whether the Indian bowlers take advantage is another thing, but IMO this pitch is more difficult to bat on than the first test on day 1.

Uppercut

The pitch isn't all that bad. There is enough in it if you are good enough but their were some really loose shots played by some of the players and we can't afford that.

Hoping for 250 now, It's still possible. Ishant can definitely hang around. MS needs to play a good knock.
Yeah, Harbhajan's in great touch too.

Can just as easily see Steyn coming back and finishing the job for less than 200 though.

Steyn.

Uppercut

Ball is bouncing a mile, and Tsotsobe was bringing the ball back in off the deck, which is ridiculous.

Whether the Indian bowlers take advantage is another thing, but IMO this pitch is more difficult to bat on than the first test on day 1.
Ah, I see. It's probably just that I've only seen them bowl since the ball got old but it's not like the ball's going past the bat much or anything. The dismissals I've caught have been loose shots and that obscene catch.

vcs

It depends on the conditions continuing to remain overcast. Don't think there's that much life in the pitch.
Yeah.. there certainly seems to be enough in the track.. it's not like at Centurion where things were visibly getting much easier when Dhoni and Harbhajan were out there in the first innings. But we'll need all our bowlers to be at their individual and collective best, luck (edges going to hand) etc. to restrict South Africa's batting lineup. Otherwise, they are virtually guaranteed atleast 400 with the kind of form they are in.

Oh... and we need the overcast weather to stay and the tide or wind or whatever they have in Durban to work in our favour when we bowl.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ah, I see. It's probably just that I've only seen them bowl since the ball got old but it's not like the ball's going past the bat much or anything. The dismissals I've caught have been loose shots and that obscene catch.
Yeah, that's what makes it more frustrating from an Indian fan p.o.v