• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Blaze 18

Banned
If India can somehow bat out the last session without getting bowled out, they will have a respectable score on the board. It is hard to see it happening, though. I expect South Africa to be batting an hour before the close; one of Steyn/Harris will run through the tail.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, if we don't bowl well we're ****ed anyway. But 250 would be a chance. 275 is a good score on this wicket on day 1 IMO. Anything close would be good.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Meh. Not too fussed about the Indian performances. The tosses have had an unusually large effect.

Credit to SA for taking advantage though - they are by far the better bowling side anyway.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Reckon Zaheer and Sree will bowl well on this seems like a rewarding track for pitch it up bowlers.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess the one good thing is this pitch is suited for tail ender batting. All the wild slashes will go over the slips and the balls are likely to land in no-man land areas. In for some fun if nothing else

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, if we don't bowl well we're ****ed anyway. But 250 would be a chance. 275 is a good score on this wicket on day 1 IMO. Anything close would be good.
AWTA. Australia took a 200+ run lead after a 350ish score (and a collapse early on day 2) in 2009, didn't they? Though that was one of Johnson's "once every 20 Tests" performance. And England did make 500+ and win after bowling SA out for 300 odd last year. Oh well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If the fielders actually can't see, surely they've gotta go off for bad light. i wanna watch cricket but it could get ridiculous here.

Blaze 18

Banned
If the fielders actually can't see, surely they've gotta go off for bad light. i wanna watch cricket but it could get ridiculous here.
It might actually work in India's favour, if the batsmen decide to throw their bats around. Even if they go off for bad light, it is hard to see these two surviving Dale Steyn on a fresh wicket tomorrow morning.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It might actually work in India's favour, if the batsmen decide to throw their bats around. Even if they go off for bad light, it is hard to see these two surviving Dale Steyn on a fresh wicket tomorrow morning.
Meh, not everything I say is as an Indian supporter. If the fielders can't see the ball its unfair, just like if the batsmen can't see the ball.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
This pitch really isn't that bad.. just need to apply yourself and target the loose deliveries. The way we let Kallis just bowl over after over without scoring much was annoying.