• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My major concern isn't that we're 6 down. My concern is that I think Morkel and Steyn have bowled exceptionally well. Sure there have been some ****ty dismissals (Sehwag, Gambhir and Raina) but the pitch is merely good for bowling. Not a minefield by any stretch of the imagination. Steyn and Morkel have made it look worse.

300 is probably par. Hopefully we can scrape to 200.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My major concern isn't that we're 6 down. My concern is that I think Morkel and Steyn have bowled exceptionally well. Sure there have been some ****ty dismissals (Sehwag, Gambhir and Raina) but the pitch is merely good for bowling. Not a minefield by any stretch of the imagination. Steyn and Morkel have made it look worse.

300 is probably par. Hopefully we can scrape to 200.
Agreed.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Well actually i am quite liking this.....Our batsman may get the joltz....But they eventually come out Better than before...

Checkmate

School Boy/Girl Captain
Conditions should get better so I'm hoping for something like...

Ind 150
SA 250
Ind 300
and a 200 chase by SA

vcs

The advantage of being a tailender rather than a top-order batsman on these kind of wickets against bowling of this quality is that it's usually too good to get the edge... so you can only get out bowled or LBW.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The advantage of being a tailender rather than a top-order batsman on these kind of wickets against bowling of this quality is that it's usually too good to get the edge... so you can only get out bowled or LBW.
So does the fact that I always get out caught behind just make me a really ****house opening batsman rather than the tailender I really think I am? :ph34r:

vcs

So does the fact that I always get out caught behind just make me a really ****house opening batsman rather than the tailender I really think I am? :ph34r:
Haha I was being facetious. How often have we seen tailenders scrape a few together after the main batsmen have looked all at sea? Just a half-baked explanation of sorts for that.