• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Having defended Indian batsmen the way I have, I must admit that I don't see Raina doing anything worth noting in this tour. Can see Sehwag playing a defining knock, can see Gambhir hanging there for a while in a few occasions; can see our famed no. 3, 4, 5 tearing apart Steyn and co. in SA at some point or the other. But can't see Raina doing the same in the wildest of my imagination...reckon Pujara deserves a go, or two...

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Raja can see something positive in India's struggles: "This is the India we were used to growing up in the nineties. Lets revel in nostalgia." As if there is any other option

:laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Having defended Indian batsmen the way I have, I must admit that I don't see Raina doing anything worth noting in this tour. Can see Sehwag playing a defining knock, can see Gambhir hanging there for a while in a few occasions; can see our famed no. 3, 4, 5 tearing apart Steyn and co. in SA at some point or the other. But can't see Raina doing the same in the wildest of my imagination...reckon Pujara deserves a go, or two...
Yeah, agreed. I don't mind Raina but as I said before, there's no sense in persisting with an inexperienced batsman who's badly out of form and totally unsuited to the conditions when you have someone like Pujura on the bench.

I really don't expect much from Gambhir either but I don't think Vijay would improve matters and he's got a lot more in the bank to deserve some persistence through this poor patch than Raina does.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
More I look at the way this pitch is playing the more I think we're in trouble. It's definitely a 300 wicket.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Dont know why i am happy to see the condition of India........Ya probably they may work on their weakness,,,,and eventually converting them into their strenghts

chicane

State Captain
I know we're 90/6 but I hope Dhoni looks to score and even rotate the strike when Steyn and Morkel are off the attack.

Blaze 18

Banned
I must confess I expected considerably more from the Indians, but this was not totally unexpected. The pitch does have a bit in it for the bowlers and the bowling attack is very good, but it does not justify a score of 105-6. India will need everything to go their way, if they are to make a match out of this.

As I type, Harbhajan Singh hits a six!

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are my lip-reading skills letting me down or did Tsotsobe seem to be mouthing some choice Hindi words there? :laugh: Clearly SA have done their homework in more ways than one. Indian posters to confirm..

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
MSD's trying to be aggressive but it's not really coming through. Wonder if we will see spin soon. It's definitely worth a try against these 2

EDIT: Oh horrible that's out man <_<