• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Jacknife

International Captain
Every time I watch Tsotsobe ball, I think SA must have better fast bowlers to pick from, he's got a good first class record where he averages 25, but he just looks so average. I know he's left arm, but still.

Blaze 18

Banned
Sorry if it is a stupid question - have the players already taken tea ? Meaning they are going to play till six-thirty without a break ?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh:

India got sent in on a juicy pitch in South Africa after a massive rain delay, then lost one of their openers for a duck and people are complaining about the scoring rate. Worse still, they're having a go at the batsman striking at 35 rather than the one striking at 11.

Dire shot from Gambhir just now. Terrible innings. 'Out' three times, faced 46 balls and still only scored 5.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
This is really absorbing stuff. I really do love cricket in South Africa - the pitches usually have a bit in them and of course it helps they have a properly good and entertaining side.

I don't agree with the ridiculous notion that performing in these conditions is more important than performing in the subcontinent or more of an indication of quality or anything like that, but I will say that pitches with genuine bounce (even if it's slow bounce, like this pitch seems to be barring a couple of balls) and a bit of sideways movement make for the best cricket to watch. From my perspective anyway, obv.
Yeah, enjoy it so much more than the Ashes. You can really sit back and enjoy great cricket instead of worrying how your side is doing, all the problems of the future etc

Bun

Banned
Gambhir looked all at sea. I am not sure whether Sachin Mk II or III is equipped to deal with what is on offer. I predict India to be allout for less than 200.

chicane

State Captain
Openers gone. Dravid is looking good though.

Sigh. It's not a demon pitch. I hope the middle order clicks.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Only just noticed we're not playing a test at Johannesburg this tour.

The only place we've won a test since SA's readmission lol.