• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Draviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid DRAVID! Draviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid DRAVID!
Go Dravid! Show your class again for the hundredth time to shut the mouth of some of the mugs shouting about your 'age' and 'disgraceful way of hanging around' and what not...

Blaze 18

Banned
Rahul Dravid has gone past Brian Lara on the most runs list, apparently. He is not in the latter's class and never will be, but his contribution to Indian cricket cannot be overstated. Well done :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is it drinks yet? FFS I need to take a piss and make myself a coffee but can't leave because I'm worried I'll miss something.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is really absorbing stuff. I really do love cricket in South Africa - the pitches usually have a bit in them and of course it helps they have a properly good and entertaining side.

I don't agree with the ridiculous notion that performing in these conditions is more important than performing in the subcontinent or more of an indication of quality or anything like that, but I will say that pitches with genuine bounce (even if it's slow bounce, like this pitch seems to be barring a couple of balls) and a bit of sideways movement make for the best cricket to watch. From my perspective anyway, obv.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Poor first over from Tsotsobe, but I actually think he could take a bag if he gets it right. Perfect conditions seemingly for his style of bowling.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is really absorbing stuff. I really do love cricket in South Africa - the pitches usually have a bit in them and of course it helps they have a properly good and entertaining side.

I don't agree with the ridiculous notion that performing in these conditions is more important than performing in the subcontinent or more of an indication of quality or anything like that, but I will say that pitches with genuine bounce (even if it's slow bounce, like this pitch seems to be barring a couple of balls) and a bit of sideways movement make for the best cricket to watch. From my perspective anyway, obv.
awta

Plus so many hot chicks in the crowd on the grass.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I was out for a bit, and this guy at the shop had his earphones plugged in,informing another guy that two overs had been bowled. The other guy responded with "How many wickets down?" :p I love how everyone expects/knows that we're going to collapse big time here.

I then returned home to find that Sehwag had been dismissed off the very next ball :(

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Parnell must really have deteriorated if he is preferred over him
Parnell's just not that good yet. I wouldn't say he's deteriorated but he hasn't improved his discipline or accuracy. He definitely has more raw attributes but he's done little domestically and he's basically just too raw - Lopsy offers a more stable option and has visibly improved his bowling in ODIs of late, not to mention having an excellent First Class record in a very strong competition.

Probably a bit harsh to judge him based on one over but I do expect similar stuff from him throughout tbh. He'll just look to probe and contain.

Last edited: