• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Aamer Situation

If found guilty, Aamer should be banned for:

• Total voters

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Fairly obvious, really; there are people who'd rather see him dead than talk to Police.
I guess the penny isn't dropping for me - why would he confess to an ICC inquiry but not the police. If he gets other people into trouble at an ICC inquiry can't the police take action at that stage. And if they do isn't he still in mortal danger. Not trying to debate with you - just searching for an explanation.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I guess the penny isn't dropping for me - why would he confess to an ICC inquiry but not the police. If he gets other people into trouble at an ICC inquiry can't the police take action at that stage. And if they do isn't he still in mortal danger. Not trying to debate with you - just searching for an explanation.
I would think he has a legal team who are trying to cut a deal for him - I can't imagine he'll start talking until he knows what to expect in return

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, what fred said. It's not a fluid process, nor is it completely obvious what to do and when. There's push, pull and good old fashioned changes of heart.

Guessing, of course, all this going on behind closed doors.

social

Cant believe that so many people are advocating that Amir's career should basically be ended

He is an 18 year old kid from an impoverished background with virtually no formal education that has had the misfortune of being "mentored" by the likes of Asif

I would advocate a suspension of 2 years on the basis it was only spot fixing for which he is ultimately found guilty

bagapath

International Captain
He is an 18 year old kid from an impoverished background with virtually no formal education that has had the misfortune of being "mentored" by the likes of Asif
What did the world achieve by forgiving Mohammad Asif's earlier transgressions? If Aamer is let off the hook he will create other monsters like him in future. Ban him for life. There will be other kids in Pakistan who could bowl as well as aamer without ever taking illegal money to cheat on the ground.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Cant believe that so many people are advocating that Amir's career should basically be ended

I would advocate a suspension of 2 years on the basis it was only spot fixing for which he is ultimately found guilty
lol what. If he can't be banned for life because he's an 18 year old kid then you he's too young to play international cricket then

Top_Cat

What did the world achieve by forgiving Mohammad Asif's earlier transgressions? If Aamer is let off the hook he will create other monsters like him in future. Ban him for life. There will be other kids in Pakistan who could bowl as well as aamer without ever taking illegal money to cheat on the ground.
haha, 'monsters'? Jesus.

Completely agree with Social.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Aamer should not spill any beans or he will be putting his and more importantly his family's life in danger.

Just take the life ban and get back to life he is still 18 so there is plenty of time to take an alternative career.I think Pakistan cricket establishment deserves this had they cleaned up the mess a decade back they would not have lost once in a decade talent like Aamer.

Last edited:

Uppercut

I don't think he really deserves a life ban, but I definitely think a life ban would be best for cricket.

bagapath

International Captain
haha, 'monsters'? Jesus.

Completely agree with Social.
ha ha. I agree "monsters" was a bit over the top. but asif has been a disgrace and a bad role model for pakistanis. enough with this forgive and forget policy. dont want to see more and more assortment of offenders donning the national team's uniform and continue with corruption of the game of cricket.

ameer is old enough to play for pakistan. old enough to open a bank account, old enough to pretend as though his foot slipped after he bowled that no ball. so, he is old enough to get a life ban. bye-bye ameer.

Last edited:

DingDong

State Captain
reading this thread i have softened my stance of a life ban on aamir. the kid had poor role models around him and came from a poor family. 2 is years is enough imo.

Teja.

Global Moderator
reading this thread i have softened my stance of a life ban on aamir. the kid had poor role models around him and came from a poor family. 2 is years is enough imo.
This man speaks the truth. If it's only spot-fixing he's guilty of, 2 years max IMO.

Scaly piscine

Pleaded not guilty, hasn't spilled the beans on the others. So life ban it is. Anyone who thinks 2 years is an appropriate punishment and deterrent for trying to destroy cricket and national pride needs to wake up.

social

lol what. If he can't be banned for life because he's an 18 year old kid then you he's too young to play international cricket then
An incredibly mindless argument

He bowled a no ball and was supposedly paid for it

Big ****ing deal!!!!!!

His home is in a Taliban stronghold and without cricket he'd be a dead man walking

No money

No education

No future

Read Geoff Lawson's (former Pakistani coach) article where he claims that he was forced to select a player due to a kidnapping threat before you jump to conclusions

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yeah, let's legalise fixing in any country that happens to be overrun by the Taliban. Brilliant.