• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Davies starting to look much more comfortable now. Timing the ball beautifully, and scores at a very good rate effortlessly. Strauss going along really nicely too, looks in fine form.
That's what I love about Davies from the little I've seen of him - scores rapidly without slogging it.

King Pietersen

International Captain
My only reservation with Davies so far is that he hits the ball in the air a little too often. Could see it getting him into trouble if he hits a poor run of form and loses a bit of that timing.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That's what I love about Davies from the little I've seen of him - scores rapidly without slogging it.
Yeah - haven't caught many of his innings for England but when I've watched him domestically he seems a class act. Love watching him bat, tbh.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Davies looks class. His strike rate at the minute is 132, and he's yet to play a shot in anger. He relies on timing, placement and most importantly, proper cricket shots. Just generally looks a very good player. The difference between him and Kieswetter is remarkable. Kieswetter looks more aggressive, but outside the odd big shot there's not a lot of substance. Davies is always working, and always scoring, and that's what leads to the impressive strike rate. Looks very promising indeed.
It exposes the fallacy about "aggressive" batsmen - Kieswetter wastes far too many deliveries to score at a high rate. The key to scoring quickly is scoring runs off as many balls as possible, it's not simply about hitting sixes.

Fun fact: in ODI cricket, Michael Hussey scores his runs quicker than MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, Brendon McCullum, Kevin Pietersen and Chris Gayle.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah - haven't caught many of his innings for England but when I've watched him domestically he seems a class act. Love watching him bat, tbh.
His innings for Surrey against Glamorgan recently was great to watch: Hamilton-Brown had a couple of mows across the line for 6, but Davies scored just as rapidly without slogging it once.

Last season in English domestic List A cricket, he had by far the highest SR despite hitting a grand total of 3 sixes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha I love that Davies has managed the much discussed "35-ball ball half century", which Keiswetter's mythical ability to produce at ODI level has consistently seen people plug him ahead of Davies.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My only reservation with Davies so far is that he hits the ball in the air a little too often. Could see it getting him into trouble if he hits a poor run of form and loses a bit of that timing.
Yeah indeed. Wouldn't be so bad if he legitimately went well over the top, but he doesn't really clear the field by very much so there's a small margin for error.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha I love that Davies has managed the much discussed "35-ball ball half century", which Keiswetter's mythical ability to produce at ODI level has consistently seen people plug him ahead of Davies.

People, don't you mean "person":unsure:

Great stuff, but it has been against a one-man attack, but it's been really promising:)

Jacknife

International Captain
I don't see any mark from hot spot there,there's 2 points on Trotts' bat that has lighter areas under hot spot.
Oh,there was a edge on snicko,bowler didn't go up so can't blame the umpire.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Irfan certainly is raw isn't he. This is the first time I've ever actually seen him bowl but it's pretty obvious he's not using all his height to his advantage at the bowling crease, nor does he seem to be using that front arm of his either.

Massive work in progress.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Irfan certainly is raw isn't he. This is the first time I've ever actually seen him bowl but it's pretty obvious he's not using all his height to his advantage at the bowling crease, nor does he seem to be using that front arm of his either.

Massive work in progress.
Pie-chucker.