• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, just poach the spinners from Sri Lanka too, and we could have the greatest no-balling attack the world has ever seen :dry:
I think any drama queens you find will complement Sreesanth and co. nicely.:ph34r:

Anyway, spare a thought for Aamer's mentor, Wasim Akram. Must be heartbreaking.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IMO it would be a real shame if Pakistan disappeared from world cricket forever. There's nothing like watching a Pakistan team that's on song. There's something unique and mesmerising about them. **** it's exhilarating, even when they're doing it against my team.

I remember being at an ODI once and knowing from the way the Pakistan fielders ran out (they were on the field before the umpires) that NZ were gonna be in trouble. That indeed proved to be the case.
Let's be honest mate, they've been on song once a decade frankly, for as long as anyone can remember.

While ever there's Pakistan they'll live off the 92 WC, just like English football continues to live off the 66 WC, despite neither frankly having ever done a thing since.

Just so pissed off at all this, really. Is a bad, sad day. One of the sadder things is that I'm just not surprised that it's Pakistan, frankly. Must be terrible for their fans.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
IMO it would be a real shame if Pakistan disappeared from world cricket forever. There's nothing like watching a Pakistan team that's on song. There's something unique and mesmerising about them. **** it's exhilarating, even when they're doing it against my team.

I remember being at an ODI once and knowing from the way the Pakistan fielders ran out (they were on the field before the umpires) that NZ were gonna be in trouble. That indeed proved to be the case.
Yeah I'm not saying this is a good thing but it's just ****ing ridiculous atm. Harsh, drastic steps need to be taken for these issues to be addressed. A temporary ban from International cricket would wake them up and hopefully knock some sense in the admin. A drastic measure no doubt, but whats the point in watching them play when you'll be wondering if that particular deliver/wicket etc was fixed.

It's also particularly hurtful considering how exciting the Sydney test was.

stumpski

International Captain
Surprised the umpires didn't check that run-out - Ajmal was out, but not by that much ...

Asif also coming out to a chorus of indifference.

Burgey

Am I the only one who thinks that this whole nonsense about catches being claimed that hit the ground 5mm from the hand is hugely beat-up?
Ohai Michael Clarke.:ph34r:
Nah bull****.. not letting this go.

Besides, this game needs a little bit of controversy to spice it up, and the thought of the Poms taking the moral high ground on anything to do with cricket is reprehensible.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah bull****.. not letting this go.

Besides, this game needs a little bit of controversy to spice it up, and the thought of the Poms taking the moral high ground on anything to do with cricket is reprehensible.
I was agreeing with you... I think that it's just ******** that people see that and honestly think that the fielder could actually see definitively that it bounced/didn't bounce and wasn't just going off feel.

_Ed_

Haha, shot! Hope Umar can keep going for a bit to at least provide some entertainment.

King Pietersen

International Captain
What a shot. When Umar gives it a whack it certainly stays hit. Does look a lot better playing like this too. Not convinced by his defensive play at all.