• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Barring one test and a session here and there, this has been pathetically uncompetitive.
'S the batting, innit? Pakistan's bowling, as a unit, is up there with the world's best (IMHO, obv) but the batting is sub-gash.

Genuinely think Bangladesh's batting with Pakistan's bowling would be more competitive.

Anyway, how many really shocking decisions would have been made in this match without the Replay. It's why I like the system, the entire talk would of dragged onto decision-making, rather then some incredible cricket.
Fair call. Think the UDRS has been a triumph, myself.

Was mildly skeptical, but now the captains have got used to it and (mostly) only refer the genuine howlers it's been a godsend.

Faintly farcical that it won't be used in India when yer crims tour. :mellow:

stumpski

International Captain
'S the batting, innit? Pakistan's bowling, as a unit, is up there with the world's best (IMHO, obv) but the batting is sub-gash.

Genuinely think Bangladesh's batting with Pakistan's bowling would be more competitive.

Do we know when the next Bangladesh v Pakistan series is? On the evidence of this season that could be genuinely competitive.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
IT doesn't matter if Eng win's this one...They already lost to a minnow...and they were saved by their tail....

Shame,shame....

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Ya And it reflects your G8 middle order with King peterson...

No matter what you say......England was saved by tail...and it will be remembered as it.....

BTW what's up with moyo..He used to be such a gun....

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think if you're making contact with the ball you're probably not just playing with the pads. Anyway I'll admit it's unenforcable and probably wrong.

Anyway, how many really shocking decisions would have been made in this match without the Replay. It's why I like the system, the entire talk would of dragged onto decision-making, rather then some incredible cricket.
Not "just" playing with the pads, but playing with the pads nonetheless.

Totally agree re: UDRS, too.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

No matter what you say......England was saved by tail...and it will be remembered as it.....

Yeah, we were saved by a guy who averages 28 with the bat in Tests, for shame.

Yet to see you make a worthwhile post tbh.

Jacknife

International Captain

Someones fishing for a bite.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Batting down to 9 is a strength, if you want to mock us for it, that's fine

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So i have to post if it only makes any sense???
:laugh: It generally helps yes.

But sure, keep whinging if you want, what do you expect us to do? Ask our number 8-11 to not try and score runs? Just go pad up to straight balls? 8-)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:laugh: It generally helps yes.

But sure, keep whinging if you want, what do you expect us to do? Ask our number 8-11 to not try and score runs? Just go pad up to straight balls? 8-)
Only seems fair given it's what the opposition have done all series