• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now I'll say this on this one, because I didn't want to be accused of bias when Colly was out, but I just don't think those should be out. It first hit the pad a thousandth of a second before the bat, almost whilst it still touching the pad the bat contacts. Just think they should be "not out".

Jacknife

International Captain
What's with Butt constantly moaning to the umpires about the fielders chatting,his team talked so much crap during the Broad & Trott partnership ,he hasn't got a leg to stand on. It's probably the reason the England team are giving it to him because it happened so much in Englands' innings.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Now I'll say this on this one, because I didn't want to be accused of bias when Colly was out, but I just don't think those should be out. It first hit the pad a thousandth of a second before the bat, almost whilst it still touching the pad the bat contacts. Just think they should be "not out".
Lets re-write the rules then. Until then...

Same with Bowdens liberal interpretation of the no-ball rule for Finn

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What? Why?

stumpski

International Captain
The light's obviously poor, so what's Finn doing on?

Get KP on at the other end and then say it's 'dangerous.'

stumpski

International Captain
Now that Yousuf has gone, that is. :p

Over by lunch tomorrow?

'Very unfortunate for Mohammad Yousuf' - because he was forced to hit that down Trott's throat.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Watched almost every ball today, cracking day. Expecting us to have a lot of days like these this winter :ph34r:

Jacknife

International Captain
the heavens have opened.Great days play,really entertaining stuff and brilliant bowling from the England boys and of course the batting from Broad & Trott.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Odds on how many overs it'll go tomoz? Reckon about 13 should be enough, myself.

Daft shot from a bloke of Yousuf's class and experience to close the day with, especially given the state of the game/time of day/light...

Think Pakistan just ever so slightly having a sense of humour failure here; Akmals were both (to use Bumble's phrase) chirping throughout our innings and now Butt's having a whinge cos he's getting some back? Poor form, IMHO. HTFU.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Talking about interpretation and changing the laws.

There is the old probably apocryphal story of a priest that umpired but would never give any LBWs if the bat was behind the pad due to his interpretaion of 36.1(e)

(e) but for the interception, the ball would have hit the wicket. as in his opinion the ball would have hit the bat 'but for the interception'

stumpski

International Captain
Yes England will win early tomorrow (going with 22 overs, myself) but it won't be as satisfying a win as it would have been if the top order had done their job. As things stand, they only have a one-day series to try and get some sort of form before Australia, which is hardly satisfactory.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just think the contacts almost simaltaneous.

Anyway probably a good day for England that.
Just like if the ball "almost" hits the stumps it's not out.

I'd understand if I thought it would make for a better game, but it would just pay dividends to batsmen who play with their pads.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just like if the ball "almost" hits the stumps it's not out.

I'd understand if I thought it would make for a better game, but it would just pay dividends to batsmen who play with their pads.
I think if you're making contact with the ball you're probably not just playing with the pads. Anyway I'll admit it's unenforcable and probably wrong.

Anyway, how many really shocking decisions would have been made in this match without the Replay. It's why I like the system, the entire talk would of dragged onto decision-making, rather then some incredible cricket.