• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
United have reportedly accepted a £6m bid from Birmingham for Ben Foster. A good move for all concerned IMO if true.

As for a knock-on effect - Joe Hart to Arsenal?

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
United have reportedly accepted a £6m bid from Birmingham for Ben Foster. A good move for all concerned IMO if true.

As for a knock-on effect - Jo Hart to Arsenal?
Think City have said they don't want to sell. Tbf they don't need to :(

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Word is Given won't be right for the start of next season, so think we'll struggle to get them to part with him unless he actually requests a move.

cpr

International Coach
Can see him doing so TBH. A move to Arsenal would be good for him, and them, so I hope to **** it doesnt happen or i'd have to take them seriously. Reckon we should nip in TBH, I'm sure City would sell him to us, right?

Craig

World Traveller
Looks like today will be the day that Gianfranco Zola will get the arse and Slaven Bilic to ne his replacement. I think at some point Brumby at a Bilic quote in his sig after England thrashed Croatia 4-1 in Zagreb. Should give Brumby even more reason (not that he would need any) to hate West Ham I guess.

But seriously, what were the West Ham board expecting of Zola, the club nearly went the way of Pompey and that of administration and therefore with the loss of 10 points, certain relegation? The club stayed up, where they expeting Europa League qualification?

Craig

World Traveller
Looks like today will be the day that Gianfranco Zola will get the arse and Slaven Bilic to ne his replacement. I think at some point Brumby at a Bilic quote in his sig after England thrashed Croatia 4-1 in Zagreb. Should give Brumby even more reason (not that he would need any) to hate West Ham I guess.

But seriously, what were the West Ham board expecting of Zola, the club nearly went the way of Pompey and that of administration and therefore with the loss of 10 points, certain relegation? The club stayed up, where they expeting Europa League qualification?
Zola out.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Pretty dire tbh, have a lot of time for Zola, and don't think he's really done a bad job given what he has had to work with. Whole situation has been terribly handled.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's more to do with how he's handled himself than his direct results, which haven't been too bad. In particular, openly admitting that he was considering giving up and quitting when things were looking grim for the club. He really doesn't inspire any kind of confidence in anyone.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's more to do with how he's handled himself than his direct results, which haven't been too bad. In particular, openly admitting that he was considering giving up and quitting when things were looking grim for the club. He really doesn't inspire any kind of confidence in anyone.
A fair point, but it still seems harsh that somebody should be persecuted for telling the truth. Obviously it's not a great idea to say what he did, because of the knock on effects it could have on the rest of the team and the club as a whole etc... but I get so fed up of nearly every manager giving bull**** interviews and generic answers about how there are no easy games in the league etc... and stuff like how "Wigan are a good side and gave us a good game" despite them having just been thrashed etc..

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey, everyone likes Zola, but the board have to admit to themselves that he really isn't the best man for the job. It's easy to be critical of his sacking when it's not your club he's in charge of.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hey, everyone likes Zola, but the board have to admit to themselves that he really isn't the best man for the job. It's easy to be critical of his sacking when it's not your club he's in charge of.
Well yes, that's rather stating the obvious.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

That's all well and good if the davids have a decent manager to come in and replace him. but will it be another Dowie or Laws. It can't be too attractive a proposition with the mountains of debt, and getting rid of Zola and his staff ain't gonna help, IMHO.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Have quite a soft spot for The Irons, actually. Produce a stupid amount of England internationals and always go about the game as she was meant to be played. The academy, isn't it?

Bilic is a shiny suited penis tho. & both the chairmen are front bottoms of the first water.