• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Wow. That was brave of you...

Reckon The Ashes is between England and Oz, myself.
Well TBF a lot of the thread was saying Man Utd had no chance so obviously can't use now when it was between those two but back around December and so when Chelsea were being handed the title plus also when Arsenal had that supposed easy run of games.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well it's already an interesting pre-season.

For-the-record, I'm not really certain Ribery is the player everybody should be chasing, and Bayern not exactly known for letting people go cheaply, so I think teams would have to pay well over the odds.

Not convinced Valencia won't be a one-season wonder either. Many interesting twists and turns before the season gets under way.

Chelsea for the title
Barca for the Champions League
Exeter to be comfortably mid-table
most of that nonsense, but I got Chelsea right.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Selected highlights of predictions and comments (randomly found)

No mention of Chavs here but a spot on here:

Indeed. Early days, but can't see any other outcome already.

EDIT: Just saw Carrick's pen. All kinds of gash. Tony Gale alleging it was "a good strike" too. FFS, perfect height to save.

Roseboy's expectations - I suppose they did win the Carling Cup (although the referee that day was more than a little bit helpful:

Maybe a couple trophies.

This is a good one - still think getting rid of Carlos was a good move?

Owen an improvemtn on Tevez in terms of goals anyway.

And one from down under:

Burnley, this seasons Hull?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
What makes you think me not wanting Tevez is purely about football? Thought that was was established before. Owen got injured anyway so no chance of beating Tevez's tally from last season.

Last edited:

grecian

What makes you think me not wanting Tevez is purely about football? Thought that was was established before. Owen got injured anyway so no chance of beating Tevez's tally from last season.
Yes, but Owen was always going to get injured, that's why he was a crap signing. A bit like if Spurs fans whined about Woodgate getting injured.:)

Pothas

For the first time I think Liverpool actually have a chance next year although I hope they fail, Think it is going to be very close between the top 4 next season and I really can't predict a winner. Think Arsenal will improve. Hull, Burnley and Wolves for the drop although would like one of those two to stay up but lost all sympathy for Hull.
As for league 1 I think Brentford will stay up relatively comfortably, would be happy with mid-table.
:-O:laugh: Dear God.

Got the Bees right though.

cpr

International Coach
And his rubbish hamstrings, groins and knees.
This.

Much as i'd have liked to see Tevez stay, the fact is he'd got wind of a ****ing huge City offer about 6 months before.... Well, when I say got wind, blatently tapped up (kinda like we do). So whatever we put on the table was never going to be enough. The part that annoys me is him blaming us for not giving him a suitable offer, because a suitable offer to him would be to match the insane money City had said they would offer.

But all's fair in Love and Football etc, can't blame him for jumping ship really.

Good news is Fergie is publically stating its clean out time, usually does this every so often. Bye bye Carrick, Foster etc. Personally don't mind Berbatov staying, he's a luxury player yes, and not someone i'd advocate signing, however now he's here its no big issue. Also Owen aint a bad backup to have when fit. Wouldn't mind waving tera to Anderson though.

cpr

International Coach
Hopefully, without Ronaldo, we'll learn how to play football again. Wingers who like to pass and cross, strikers who feel the need to get into the penalty area once in a while. Become a team again rather than a one man show.

Get Berbatov to stay up front, allow Rooney the right to roam without care, with a solid 4 anchored behind them (by solid, meaning no Anderson for at least 6 months untill he remembers what football is)

Like it or not we need a left winger more than we need a right winger (though one of them wont hurt too, especially if Nani decides the only shoes of Ronaldo's he's stepping into are his pink slippers), depending if Hargreaves can find a kneecap or two, might need a holding midfielder.

Oh and a keeper without Parkinsons would help (even the one with Tourettes could control himself better)

Called not too badly, Valencia/Rooney combo has been impressive... Got Berbatov and Rooney the wrong way round though (Berba showing he's better at creating than scoring at the moment, sets up some great goals then some gash misses). Nani really come into form recently, and Valencia been a surprising sucess, pinging the ball in nicely rather than dancing on the spot/falling on arse/hissy fit.

Also called the need for a holding midfielder, and called Anderson still being turd.

cpr

International Coach
I'm hopeful that Spurs will get out of the blocks a bit (ok a lot quicker) than last year.

I think we can finish top 6 and I really hope we play in a Final this year don't care if it's Carling Cup or FA Cup.
Nufan on fire early on there

(right, going to stop trawling through this thread and do something productive)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't see scenes like this with the SWA often

Can't find any with me in yet, good times though, what a day!