• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ottis Gibson quits England for Windies role

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Getting pretty scared right now. But I also think Windie would be pretty scared if he looked at the football thread to see what he may soon become.
Ha i knew you would go there. But i just entered this debate since i have seen you hammering home your POV to poster WindieWeather on why Miller>Benn or why he should play over Benn & it think you are stretching too far ATS...

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Just saw the football thread, you've certainly been in the wars lately haven't you Mr M? :laugh: and what do you think "i could become"? all i've done on this thread is express a different view to a few people, at the end of the day it takes two to tango and it would be pretty boring if everyone agreed on everything..

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Haa defend your point & stop running. All i'm saying your arguments for Miller over Benn has been weak, as was your position on Dillon over Taylor. So you can't box poster Windie in a corner since his point has far more credibility thats your IMO.

Whatever i said in the football thread you nor anyone else can't disapprove since its all facts. Unless you want to grammar nazi me as usual. But i would suggest if you go back the football thread & lets continue the argument their instead of dragging it over the another thread..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I dont hug man...bun dat!

I've read your posts in this thread all the time & i disagreee with your specific position on Miller over Benn. Thats why i but in, like people always do on CW when a person states a POV they dont agree with.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was when Taylor was just starting out or something like that and Dillon was still playing. Not that I agreed but it wasn't something oout of left field.
Nah this was recently. I'll clarify.

I was saying that Dillon, having actually put up results over the course of his career, was a better bowler than Taylor. Taylor has shown that he certainly should be a better bowler by the end of his career, and a much better one at that. However, as yet he has not actually been a better bowler. Dillon took wickets more frequently and was generally more accurate than Taylor has been thus far. That's why his record is better.

Again, Taylor's potential is obvious. And if he can recover from his current injury and develop, he will certainly be the better bowler. At this stage, however, he is not. Now if you don't think that's a not a fair perspective, so be it.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Nah this was recently. I'll clarify.

I was saying that Dillon, having actually put up results over the course of his career, was a better bowler than Taylor. Taylor has shown that he certainly should be a better bowler by the end of his career, and a much better one at that. However, as yet he has not actually been a better bowler. Dillon took wickets more frequently and was generally more accurate than Taylor has been thus far. That's why his record is better.

Again, Taylor's potential is obvious. And if he can recover from his current injury and develop, he will certainly be the better bowler. At this stage, however, he is not. Now if you don't think that's a not a fair perspective, so be it.
Oh missed that one. Have at it then.

Craig

World Traveller
I wouldn't be crowing about Bravo scoring 19 runs against India, that is a start and not much else. That doesn't mean he has done enough yet to upsurp Chanderpaul just yet.

shivfan

Banned
The thing is Mike i think we rely too much on the old boys and 9 times out of 10 they let us down, like i mentioned before the age of our usual top order is 30, 19, 29, 35 and 32, that's four players around 30 or over, i can't see how adding Darren Bravo into the mix would make our line up too inexperienced, hell i'd even consider Lendi Simmons if he does well in the ODI's, and he's 25 so not exactly a youngster.
I don't see that as a bad thing....

Remember, Bravo is at six, so that's a useful mixture of expereince and youth.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shiv calls it a day, in a year or two, depending if he recaptures his form.