• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watched the Liverpool game at the local. Was hilariously good especially the second half.

For all the talk of bad luck, when you only have 1 shot on target all game and that comes from a keeping error then it's an assertion that's shaky at best. The Stoke goal was just funny seeing all the Liverpool players migrate towards the ball while leaving their men unattended to. Fair play to their fans too, the "Sacked in the morning" chants after the equaliser drowned out the entire bar. On the flipside the Greek had his best game for them and Reina was excellent in dealing with the awkward crosses and throws Stoke threw at him.

So 22 games, 6 wins and 10 defeats is obviously the owner's fault and the player's fault instead of Rafa's. Let's not mention that Benitez happened to buy almost all of the current shower they have there. It was obviously forced on him.

Scaly I'll save you the trouble of reading the Liverpool forums. It'll all be Lee Mason's fault according I imagine.
Aye the Manchester ****** costing Liverpool two penalties (amongst other things) was the winner, edging out Kuyt being unlucky or being incredibly unlucky in general.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
If Chelsea dont win the league something is wrong...what an exhibiton of football that 1st half was BANGGGG!!

cover drive man

International Captain
Scaly, have you ever thought of killing yourself? Can you put us all out of our misery? You're depressing and, worse, full of ****.
Harsh, how long can Mr. Benitez last now? Tbh, I think he's doing the best he can, has made a few terrible transfers though.

cover drive man

International Captain
Yep. I would list them thus:

Rafa's inability to recognise talent
Rafa's gormless transfer market record
Rafa's tactical ability
Rafa's hysterical media work
Rafa's twattish facial hair
Liverpool FC's inability to recognise just how ****e Rafa is
Endless squad nonentities elevated to first XI players
The multi-layered barrier of hype from guys like Carragher and Gerrard preventing reality to pervade Anfield
The multi-layered barrier of garbage creating endless excuses regarding the owners as to why one of the biggest net-spenders in the Premiership has completely butchered Liverpool's squad
Dirk Kuyt's inability to hit a cow's arse with a banjo from 2 feet
:laugh:

social

RIGHT...it's Benitez's fault everybody is injured. It's Benitez's fault that we didn't play like Brazil 1970 with the fill-ins. It's Benitez's fault that with Mason we've had 3 red cards (ridiculous ones) in our last 3 games with him. It's Benitez's fault that we've conceded so many last minute goals. It's Benitez's fault...we get it...FFS...we get it.
As an impartial (ish) observer, I do find it interesting how much leniency Benitez is shown by the 'pool fans despite leading them from one disaster to another this season

I know he's done well in the past but it's a professional game and his club is not in the financial situation to be sentimental

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Because the Liverpool fans tend to watch the games a tad more closely and are more involved with extenuating circumstances at the club. He gets too much **** from the headline seeking journos and has gullible opposing fans perpetrating them further. It tends to rally the troops.

And despite all that, we are still in a reasonable position to get into the top 4. IIRC last year Arsenal were having a worse season than us until the end where they strung along a lot of wins and overtook Villa who crumbled last year. Now the same team is challenging for a title. Similarly, we did great last year and have fallen to bits this year. People can see that not much has changed but a ****load of things have gone against us enough to make it even harder to get out of this rut.

Last edited:

duffer

I don't see how our season last season was worse than Liverpool's this season. We were stalking Villa in 5th for the most part and made a Champions League semi as opposed to being out of all competitions and in 7th place in a 4-way battle for the last Champions League spot.

Massive heh @ gullible opposition fans.

Scaly piscine

Liverpool are in a much worse situation than the CDMs last season because Man City are involved and I can't see them falling apart as much as Spurs and Aston Villa. Also the CDMs do have the sort of team to take advantage of half-arsed opposition and reel off a sequence of wins.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't see how our season last season was worse than Liverpool's this season. We were stalking Villa in 5th for the most part and made a Champions League semi as opposed to being out of all competitions and in 7th place in a 4-way battle for the last Champions League spot.

Massive heh @ gullible opposition fans.
Dude despite all the **** that's gone on this season we're only 4 points off City; I may be wrong but at one stage I thought you guys were even further apart. I do remember that you guys went on some pretty amazing streak and blew them out of the water.

Nice use of ambiguous language to sidestep the question there.
:laugh: really, what was ambiguous about it?

duffer

I don't remember it being much bigger than 6-8 points at any stage (with games up our sleeves) and if City beat Everton the gap is 7 points and two strong teams sandwhiched in between you and them.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It's not exactly been easy on the eye for any of Rafa's time at the club tbh, wasn't exactly great with Houllier at the helm either itbt.
I'd agree except for last year. Last year we did look good going forward and squeezed the life out of teams with our possession and cutting edge. We were top scorers for 08/09.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd agree except for last year. Last year we did look good going forward and squeezed the life out of teams with our possession and cutting edge. We were top scorers for 08/09.
Yeah fair enough actually, will concede that. Always felt the team looked a lot more attractive with Riera in the side actually.

social

I don't remember it being much bigger than 6-8 points at any stage (with games up our sleeves) and if City beat Everton the gap is 7 points and two strong teams sandwhiched in between you and them.
And quite a few billion in the transfer kitty as well

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Long way to go. Certainly, we're gonna have it tougher than you guys last year. But that wasn't my point; my point was that these two teams (Arsenal and Liverpool) have had two contrasting seasons and jumping around firing coaches is what we don't want because it DOES happen. Teams DO play bad or can't compete effectively for a season. It doesn't undo all the good work Benitez or Wenger did prior. The team is largely the same as last year with the exception of two players. Those two players were good, but not that good to be the difference between this season and last. So one must have faith with the players and coaching staff we have because they certainly were good enough last year. What ****s me and others is that from the Tottenham game onwards it has been a constant barrage.

Last edited: