• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
7 down, wow.

I don't think I've ever seen Australia in such a shambles before. Though it's not entirely down to poor batting to be fair.
Except for the shots of Hughes, Ponting, Hussey, Clarke (to an extent), North and Haddin?
Pakistan has bowled well, and to a large extent that pressure produces bad shots, but imo doesn't excuse them.

chalky

International Debutant
7 down, wow.

I don't think I've ever seen Australia in such a shambles before. Though it's not entirely down to poor batting to be fair.
I've only saw the last 3 wickets but they were very poor batting:

Hussey - pulling a good lengh ball
North - wafting at a ball angled across him
Haddin - Trying to drive through the line of a good lengh delivery

edit: In North's defence Asif had the the Innswinger working to him that over so maybe was playing for that.

Top_Cat

I've only saw the last 3 wickets but they were very poor batting:

Hussey - pulling a good lengh ball
North - wafting at a ball angled across him
Haddin - Trying to drive through the line of a good lengh delivery

edit: In North's defence Asif had the the Innswinger working to him that over so maybe was playing for that.
Harsh, tbh. Tried to pull out of the shot after it got big on him but was a decent ball.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Best session of cricket seen in Australia for years. Nothing better.

I should dig up the post I made before play regarding Asif to dominate today.

chalky

International Debutant
Harsh, tbh. Tried to pull out of the shot but was a decent ball nonetheless.
Yeah I was harsh especially in context with the rest of the over which had the ball moving in to him good bowling by Asif more than poor batting

mohammad16

U19 Captain
sami is a nothing bowler and gul needs to get his length sorted before he can dream about reversing it in this particular gig
What a ridiculous assertion. This is PAKISTAN cricket, both Sami and Gul and extremely capable and when they rarely have their tails up can run through the batsmen. Sami actually got swing not only seam movement.

Aussies played stupid shots though, Ponting, Hussey, hughes North and Haddin all played bad shots to get out even though the ball was doing a lot. Clarke even went for an extravagent drive when he could have had his bat and pad close together and played the ball late.

Ponting needs to get over himself and realize that sometimes the man thing to do is defend or sway out of the way when facing short bowling, No one right now is looking more foolish. Apart from Afridi who gave up test cricket.

Zinzan

Once again like in the NZ series, Gul has been the most disappointing of their bowlers ......enormously overrated for mine

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Haddin got out indirectly because of the pitch. He had decided that batting sensibly wasn't going to work so he wanted to hit out. Normally he doesn't bat that aggressively so early in his inning.

At least we are all agreed that Watson didn't do anything wrong that was just a good cheery.

Phil Hughes will be having mixed emotions right now. From a team perspective he will be upset that his country is in trouble. From his perspective he will be thinking they can't blame me for getting a duck if every one else failed.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Yes, I was fairly pleased by our efforts there. No wickets fell at all.

Also fairly pleased at my prowess in making predictions. :dry: Tony Greig would be proud.

Clearly the new decade has brought out a new Sami, though some of our batting was abominable.