• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We've been atrocious, but a lot of the time we improve in the second half so it's probably a decent bet.
That and villa freak out at Old Trafford, Gabbby really should of put them 2-0 up, but both defences have been incredibly static for some reason.

Particularly the "best natural defender in the country".

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That and villa freak out at Old Trafford, Gabbby really should of put them 2-0 up, but both defences have been incredibly static for some reason.

Particularly the "best natural defender in the country".
Yeah, it's strange. United looked complacent and Villa just didn't really look up for it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, would have taken Park off before Giggs.
Hmm. They'd been equally dire, but Giggs had been getting into better positions before playing a horrendous ball and wasting it.

Rooney and Valencia looked good though, and Owen on is the right move IMO. Park will probably last the game better than Giggs would've.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, we actually got worse in that second half - absolutely dire in possession, Rooney and Carrick espeically poor IMO. Well played Villa though, a thoroughly deserved win.

Meh, I'm going out to get hammered.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
On that note, any predictions for tomorrow? Wouldn't really back either side to get a win at the moment, so....not sure. If Torres is back he will probably ensure a Liverpool win though I imagine, can't see Arsenal keeping him out for the entire match.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh, they were good value for their win. On another note, and something I didn't mention earlier - WTF is the deal with starting with one up front at home, whille our opposition plays with five attackers? Can't help but feel we got exactly what we deserved today.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
On that note, any predictions for tomorrow? Wouldn't really back either side to get a win at the moment, so....not sure. If Torres is back he will probably ensure a Liverpool win though I imagine, can't see Arsenal keeping him out for the entire match.
Draw written all over it, IMHO. 1-1.

Hmm Match of the Day showcasing Lescott's asslike ability again.
There was a picture of him in the paper the other week with the caption: "Lescott: struggling to justify £23million price tag". Made me laugh because unless he starts crapping golden eggs it'd never happen.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Thought Gerrard was unlucky not to get the pen. Sure he knocked the ball too far but Gallas challenge was rash.

Great start. Frantic.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
****'s sake. Comedy keeping from Almunia.

I think last season's relative competance was a mere blip in his otherwise uninterupted career of ****eness.