• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

Craig

World Traveller
If there was ever a time for Peter Fulton to score his maiden Test century, tomorrow would be it. The way they should look at it is this, they have more then 180 overs of free batting practice.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly, i don't think Pak team deserves this bowling attack of Gul/Asif/Aamir.....i say export them to Ozs or something....at least they will have better support from the fielders.....

This game would have almost over had these 2 catches would have been taken!....now its long from being over....1 life each for Fulton and Taylor is more then enough to chase it down............If Pak goes on to lose this game.......thats it then i will not waste anymore time following Pak cricket!!!
My money is on your team to win the game so I think you are fine.Our best run chase is only 324 - (against Pakistan though)

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Latest Flash News: New Zealand fast bowler Iain O'Brien has announced his retirement from international cricket, effective from the end of the current test series against Pakistan.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly, i don't think Pak team deserves this bowling attack of Gul/Asif/Aamir.....i say export them to Ozs or something....at least they will have better support from the fielders.....

This game would have almost over had these 2 catches would have been taken!....now its long from being over....1 life each for Fulton and Taylor is more then enough to chase it down............If Pak goes on to lose this game.......thats it then i will not waste anymore time following Pak cricket!!!
I wouldn't worry too much as a New Zealand win is incredibly far off, and although Pakistan's dismal fielding has blighted their performance in the field again, it'd still take a miracle for New Zealand to get close to chasing 404 for victory.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Latest Flash News: New Zealand fast bowler Iain O'Brien has announced his retirement from international cricket, effective from the end of the current test series against Pakistan.
Very sorry to see him go - I know I was expecting him to continue for another year at least. Understandable decision but it's pretty sudden too (from our perspective). Surprised he didn't want to stay on to play Australia in March.

He will be missed, there's no doubt about it.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
And to give Peter Fulton a chance to save his test career...
IMO all part of a conspiracy to make sure he scores just enough runs to be selected to play in Napier, where Asif will again expose his footwork and trap him LBW in both innings. :ph34r:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
McIntosh: 0(1) 31(136) 4(21) 2(4) = 37 runs at 9.25
Guptill: 60(142) 0(4) 0(4) 15(52) = 75 runs at 18.75
Flynn: 8(14) 0(4) 29(74) 20(39) = 57 runs at 14.25
Taylor: 94(174) 59(83) 30(40) 15*(53) = 198 runs at 66
Fulton: 29(73) 0(8) 0(2) 12*(50) = 43 runs at 14.3
Elliott: 8(33) 25(101) 20(54) ToBat = 53 runs at 17.7

Love Taylor

Less love for the others though

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Flynn did well.
No he did not. Another good looking 20 shouldnt be allowed to save him.

Hoping for at least one of Fulton or Elliott to save their place with a big hundred, because then we might actualy win. Might.

O'Brien's retiring? :-O He's our second best seamer! He's bowling so well, why retire? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Been a great servant, though the stats wont show it. Much underrated and will be one of those forgotten heroes in future I suspect. Daniel Vettori has big wraps on him though.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Mohammad Asif just amazes me, yes he is accurate, but if you look at 90% of his wickets, they are from insanely huge off cutters, well deliveries that seam in right after pitching. What I have always noticed is that when he delivers it, the seam is ALWAYS wobbling around, and yet he gets so many of them to cut so sharply off the seam, there is very little swing but his in cutters are insanely productive and bag him most of his wickets.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mohammad Asif just amazes me, yes he is accurate, but if you look at 90% of his wickets, they are from insanely huge off cutters, well deliveries that seam in right after pitching. What I have always noticed is that when he delivers it, the seam is ALWAYS wobbling around, and yet he gets so many of them to cut so sharply off the seam, there is very little swing but his in cutters are insanely productive and bag him most of his wickets.
Yeah, exactly the same as Stuart Clark in that regard tbh. Asif swings the new rock a bit more than Clark though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
No he did not. Another good looking 20 shouldnt be allowed to save him.

Hoping for at least one of Fulton or Elliott to save their place with a big hundred, because then we might actualy win. Might.

O'Brien's retiring? :-O He's our second best seamer! He's bowling so well, why retire? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Been a great servant, though the stats wont show it. Much underrated and will be one of those forgotten heroes in future I suspect. Daniel Vettori has big wraps on him though.
Great piece of bowling got him, nothing wrong with that in the 4th innings. Mc and Guppy didn't get anywhere near as good a ball IMO.

Flem274*

123/5
Great piece of bowling got him, nothing wrong with that in the 4th innings. Mc and Guppy didn't get anywhere near as good a ball IMO.
Just goes to show he should have valued his wicket higher in all those other attempts.

I'm sick of the one season wonder scrong girtty 40s tbh. He'll improve and come back a better player, I only wish there was a suitable replacement to further justify getting rid of him.

Which is half the reason I want Fulton to score a century.