• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Great effort from the bowlers today - O'Brien and Martin thoroughly deserved their four wickets.

We're still going to get comprehensively thrashed in this match but it would be good to see some runs. Particularly from any of the batsmen in danger of being dropped for the next match. I think Fulton has leapt ahead in that race, with McIntosh just overtaking Flynn as well :dry:. Elliott comparatively safe!

JBH001

International Regular
Well I settled in for an afternoon of sumptious batting from Umar and Yousuf and I get a cavalcade of wickets instead. Typical. Not that I am complaining, mind you. :)

Pretty pleased with how Guptill and Flynn are batting so far, the latter especially. Just quietly I think we are in with a shot here. The main challenge will come, I think, not from the Pakistani quicks, but from Kaneria. But if I were a betting man I might think seriously of putting a little down on NZ for tomorrow.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
How useless is Malik in Tests. Should've dropped him instead of Alam.
well I hope this series helps put in perspective his real quality as a player.. He had scored a lot of runs on placid wickets and gave everyone the impression that he was something special. I hope after this series, he is no longer considered an automatic selection in the test side.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Pakistan all out for 239 and we need 405 to win. Can our openers please one over? But I should be sorry, Pakistan has roughly 180,808,000 people, much more to New Zealand, and they are trying their best, so I should pull my head in.
You won the first test! its not that bad!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gotta appreciate Asif's bowling here. Its a shame the guy brings so much excess baggage with him, but he's a quality bowler alright.

No Waqar Younis, but still a damn good bowler.

JBH001

International Regular
Never mind. It was a nice dream for the 30 minutes or so that it lasted.

Time to do other stuff with what is left of the day.

Kudos to Asif though. Beautiful bowling.

Faisal1985

I was being sarcastic and taking the piss out of DingDong, who is constantly having a go at me and others for being too 'harsh' on the NZ team.
Ah.....my love for this Pak pace attack is too blind......hard to see anything else right now..... :)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Crowe is calling for Guptil to be dropped. He didn't make any comments on Mcintosh though. Someone said on this forum that he was a fan of Mcintosh.

Faisal1985

Hah, some nice help from Pakistan there to keep the match alive.
Honestly, i don't think Pak team deserves this bowling attack of Gul/Asif/Aamir.....i say export them to Ozs or something....at least they will have better support from the fielders.....

This game would have almost over had these 2 catches would have been taken!....now its long from being over....1 life each for Fulton and Taylor is more then enough to chase it down............If Pak goes on to lose this game.......thats it then i will not waste anymore time following Pak cricket!!!

Flem274*

123/5
Crowe is calling for Guptil to be dropped. He didn't make any comments on Mcintosh though. Someone said on this forum that he was a fan of Mcintosh.
It was on the radio before he was selected for the WI. "McIntosh has gotten over his inconsistencies of the past, is experienced and has a good technique for test cricket" or words to that effect.