• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh @ Man City's defenders getting completely slaughtered on Match of the Day.

Also how the hell did the keeper not catch the ball for the first goal the CDMs 'scored'? I mean it hit the thigh of a guy 3-4 yards out in the centre of goal.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lovely finish from evil Matthew Etherington, but comedy defending from City, Hull. Mendy was hopelessly out of position.

grecian

I can't say I'm 1000% behind Stoke, because their football is a horrible travesty, yet I think I'm happy just to get rid of that clown Brown.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Want to see a goal from a Delap throw tbh.
Got him in me fantasy team, so I concur.

I can't say I'm 1000% behind Stoke, because their football is a horrible travesty, yet I think I'm happy just to get rid of that clown Brown.
Was quite surprised how pro the Tigers fans were before the game. Wouldn't want such an embarrassing tool in charge of my team, especially one who seems so incompetent at the job too.

John Beck was an embarrassing tool, but at least he got results for the U's.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, lol. That'll be a massive post-match whinge for The Purple Faced One then. Dodgy free-kick initially and Drogba a mile offside from Terry's header. He didn't connect with the ball on the way in, but definitely tried to. Must be "active", surely?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Don't think we really deserved to lose that. Oh well, if (and it is a big if) we carry on playing like that, I'm not overly concerned.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't think we really deserved to lose that. Oh well, if (and it is a big if) we carry on playing like that, I'm not overly concerned.
Yeah, this - we were pretty ****ing unlucky tonight, but at least we showed up for this one which made a nice change from the Liverpool debacle. So much wrong with Chelsea's goal that I'm not sure where to start, though I was pretty confident that Terry would have a say in scoring the winner as soon as he inevitably got away with bringing Valencia down in the first half.

Meh, not to worry - plenty of positives to take out of that, and Chelsea will surely know how fortunate they were.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Chav's title. Been saying it all season.
Indeed. This game proves United lack of mid-field quality - need Hargreaves back. Really dont have much faith in Nani, Obetran, Valencia on the wings againts BIG teams, still believe SAF should have bought one of Robben & Sneijder.

grecian

Indeed. This game proves United lack of mid-field quality - need Hargreaves back. Really dont have much faith in Nani, Obetran, Valencia on the wings againts BIG teams, still believe SAF should have bought one of Robben & Sneijder.
Nah and yeah.

No need for everyone's fave canadian-german cripple, Anderson and Fletcher are doing a perfectly good job in that type of position, but yeah they lack creativity in midfield. All that possession and yet no clear cut chances really.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Still November and people already declaring the title. :laugh: Wait until after Christmas please. You lot had Liverpool and Chelsea running away with it by this time last season as well.