• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Just giving out some man-love to Matty Stokes. To front up for a press conference in that situation, take the mickey a bit, and cop it on the chin is bloody awesome. Love the guy, make him a life member now, etc. etc.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Ventured outside the office to watch the GF Parade. Bit of a damp affair, expecting much the same tomorrow.

pasag

RTDAS
Ventured outside the office to watch the GF Parade. Bit of a damp affair, expecting much the same tomorrow.
Yeah usually head down but didn't go this year because of the weather. cbf sitting on a train either even though there's a station right outside the office.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Yeah usually head down but didn't go this year because of the weather. cbf sitting on a train either even though there's a station right outside the office.
You really didn't miss out on anything. Players all sat inside the vehicles, pouring rain, screaming kids.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Bull****. If they're going to come out and preach about the problems of binge drinking, then the media and public have every right to crucify players when they beat up taxi drivers or bartenders.
We're talking about getting drunk at a function. Not beating up taxi drivers or bartenders.

And my comment was a general one anyway. I don't care about most of the behavioral demonisation **** the media writes about footballers. It reads more like a gossip column than a sports section alot of the time.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
We're talking about getting drunk at a function. Not beating up taxi drivers or bartenders.

And my comment was a general one anyway. I don't care about most of the behavioral demonisation **** the media writes about footballers. It reads more like a gossip column than a sports section alot of the time.
See, there's differences.

If Fevola weren't working for Channel 9 on the night, and arsed up his duties, then there wouldn't be this controversy. As stated, there were plenty of other more gassed units there, its the fact that he's upset his employer (who happens to be part of the media as well) that means that he's been put under the spotlight.

The finals captains have been used in an anti-violence campaign throughout Victoria over the past month. To then have a player who participated in the finals assault a taxi driver, that deserves scrutiny.

Where I do agree with you though, is stuff like Fevola on Mad Monday, where he was within the confines of a private premises, and even though he was drunk, no harm was done. Yet that made the news.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I disagree that there wouldn't be this controversy if he wasn't working for Ch 9. The guy wasn't allowed to be a drunk boofhead on Mad Monday without people getting up in arms then there's no way he would have gotten away with it at the Brownlows. And honestly expecting a heavy drinking party animal like Fev to do media duties at a party with free booze is just plain unrealistic.

I thought that story was hilarious more than it was disgraceful. Sounds like he had an awesome night :laugh:

Completely agree with you re the taxi driver incident. That's an obvious no no, and there are other examples of terrible behavior by sportsmen we can point to.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Fair enough. Because you said you don't care "what sportsmen get up to post-season", I figured that included the Hurley incident, since that occurred post-season for Essendon.

Status
Not open for further replies.