• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
ITV Man U supporting commentator, 'Arsenal have a big game on the weekend but Celtic do as well, they play Hibs'. :laugh:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
This is embarrassing.

Shame Eduardo had to resort to diving because that only detracts from such a dominating performance by Arsenal.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Celtic aren't very good, it must be said. Not sure them adopting Mowbray's patented "pretty but useless" style of play is the best idea either.

cpr

International Coach
"Having seen it again on television it doesn't look to be a penalty but we were likely to score the first goal and we always looked in control of the game," said Wenger.

"I believe it was not a penalty but I'm not sure if the keeper touched him. Eduardo might be a bit cautious because of the injury that he had. He might have jumped out of the way."

Arsene, you utter ****ing beauty

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"Having seen it again on television it doesn't look to be a penalty but we were likely to score the first goal and we always looked in control of the game," said Wenger.

"I believe it was not a penalty but I'm not sure if the keeper touched him. Eduardo might be a bit cautious because of the injury that he had. He might have jumped out of the way."

Arsene, you utter ****ing beauty
Heh, he's dodged that pretty well I must say.

Had a 20 on 3-1 so I'm loving Dudu right now tbh. Not getting all the outrage when it's such a common practice though.

duffer

Having a discussion with somebody that's trying to convince me that in general Arsenal are worse at diving than Ronaldo was whilst he was at United. On the basis Ronaldo only dived when United were already a goal ahead where as generally Arsenal win penalties from dives that result in them going 1-0 ahead hence having a detrimental effect on their oppositions morale.

I told him to stop smoking so much.
Haha, he'd be right apart from the numerous times a game they fall over when the scores are level. Leave alone the fact that we were already 2-0 up when the dive occurred today.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not nice to see the dive, but doesn't detract from the fact that Celtic were totally overwhelmed by Arsenal over two legs, would only have been shown up horribly in the latter stages had they progressed any further, so guess Arsenal did everyone a favour by putting them out. Good that Arshavin was rested for the weekend as well, going into the Man Utd game on a high.

Matteh

Best thing about Arshavin is that when he gets fouled he doesn't bother with this play-acting 'oh i'm injured, give him a yellow' rubbish. He's straight back on his feet wanting the ball back so he can go be awesome.

duffer

From F365:

WTF?

F365............

09.28: Another little nugget from Spain now, and Marca claims that Ruud van Nistelrooy's agent has been in talks with Arsenal.

I think I'd rather die in a fire than see this **** wear our shirt. Silvestre was bad enough, this is on a whole different planet of being a ****.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haha, funny how he'd almost be perfect for you.

Someone who can actually finish in the box playing at the Emirates. Not sure the world wouldn't implode tbh.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From F365:

WTF?

F365............

09.28: Another little nugget from Spain now, and Marca claims that Ruud van Nistelrooy's agent has been in talks with Arsenal.

I think I'd rather die in a fire than see this **** wear our shirt. Silvestre was bad enough, this is on a whole different planet of being a ****.
Haha, you guys hate him. I remember once Patrick Vieira tried to kick him and he jumped out of the way, Vieira got a second yellow card and every Arsenal fan I knew was up in arms. He then skied a last minute penalty and Monkey Keown went nuts at him.

Always felt he was a bit overrated as a Premiership footballer. A ridiculous proportion of his goals were penalties, and he contributed NOTHING else. We were miles better with Saha up front the year after he left. Absolutely killer in the Champions League though, was hitting nearly a goal a game for us.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wenger's always rated him. We were linked with him when he was at PSV before he commited his soul to evil.

Can't see it now tho.