• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

tooextracool

International Coach
Overall yea i agree Cook will have stuggles in SA. But i wont be hyping Parnell just yet, he has only looked good in T20s & ODIs. We dont even know if he can swing the red-bal & this presuming he gets picked as well for the tests..
Think you are right on Parnell, liked the way he bowled in the t20 but he hasn't done enough to suggest that he could be a force just yet.

You are always so down on Collingwood yo. He has is issues no doubt, but he still remains the 3rd best batsmen we have behind KP/Struass. Their is no one better in county cricket that can replace him ATM.
It's not about 3rd best. Hes always been a serviceable player but he hasn't improved and at 33 there is little evidence to suggest that he will end his career being anything more than serviceable. Arguably, he won't be around for the next Ashes series and it only makes sense for England to plan for the future by blooding some of the younger players like Bopara and Trott along with the returning KP instead.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Wouldn't be a matter of the future for me. I just don't think Collingwood's good enough in the present day, and so shouldn't be playing.

Bell = fail. Collingwood to come in and prod about for a few and then bottom hand one to slip/gully. Relying on Strauss once more then.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha Bell.

On a ****house day for Aussies, you can count on Ian to provide some little piece of rapture.

Pigeon

Banned
Katich was incredible there. Yeah, Bell a bit unlucky also.

So what, we have still a Flintoff-Broad 200-run carnage in the wings...

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, this match and series is very much still on the Iine. Whatever happens, both teams have massive decisions to make. Bell, Bopara, Collingwood and Cook won't score runs in South Africa, IMHO. Hope I'm wrong obviously. Unless Harmison takes crucial wickets in the second innings, I don't think he should ever play for England again.