• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

pasag

RTDAS
If Mitch gets in on the tail he'll go to leading wicket taker for the series. Wouldn't that be a great irony.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
could scrap past 300 I guess, another poor performance. Collingwood and Cook continue to be quietly rubbish when most atention no doubt will turn to Bell failing to go and Fred failing in his last test.

tooextracool

International Coach
Just cannot get over the fact that 6 players who have played 313 tests in total are all back in the pavillion playing dire shots, leaving it to the guy on debut to save them from this situation. What a joke.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
could scrap past 300 I guess, another poor performance. Collingwood and Cook continue to be quietly rubbish when most atention no doubt will turn to Bell failing to go and Fred failing in his last test.
I think 300 is quite likely, not much beyond that though. The fact that it has fallen on Trott to put together a score to save the innings in his first match is pretty poor, and reflects horribly on the rest of the batting. Surely Cook must go if he doesn't do something good in the next innings, Collingwood should be on the block as well. Really think Eoin Morgan ought to be given a go soon.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
So disappointing. Anything in the wicket, they are gone for 100, relatively nothing in the wicket, they struggle to get to 300.

tooextracool

International Coach
Cook has been rubbish for a while now but its gone completely unnoticed by almost everyone.

alw1971

Cricket Spectator
The more experienced players are not exactly making Trott's debue easy! Can see him getting out playing shots with the tail here! Poor showing!:@

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
TT Boy touched on this earlier, but the fact that England have managed one centurion all series just shows how poor the team has been, the fact that there are no English bowlers averaging under 30 for this series also is a very poor statistic.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He just does enough to stay under the radar. Probably expect a 70 from him in the second innings.
Unless it's in a winning effort (which seems unlikely at the moment) he ought to be axed anyway, time for someone else to have a go.

tooextracool

International Coach
TT Boy touched on this earlier, but the fact that England have managed one centurion all series just shows how poor the team has been, the fact that there are no English bowlers averaging under 30 for this series also is a very poor statistic.
Think I'd be more worried about the batters than the bowlers tbh. Bowlers have at least taken 3 5fers and taken 20 Australia wickets once this series. Batting has been shocking in all tests bar none.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think 300 is quite likely, not much beyond that though. The fact that it has fallen on Trott to put together a score to save the innings in his first match is pretty poor, and reflects horribly on the rest of the batting. Surely Cook must go if he doesn't do something good in the next innings, Collingwood should be on the block as well. Really think Eoin Morgan ought to be given a go soon.
It is a refelction of how poor we are that they are both not under more pressure, I personally have always felt that Bell at 5 is not much worse than Collingwood although I suppose the latter is more likely to produce it when it matters.
Not sure about Morgan really, and I object to picking him on principle as I do not like England stealing Ireland's players. As far as Cook is concerned I really cannot see who would replace him, the obvious choice is Key but have never rated him as an international batsman. Maybe Carberry if he can produce what he did this years next season.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Reckon Norfy could get Broad here. Maybe speed it up a tad.

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh