• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It is a refelction of how poor we are that they are both not under more pressure, I personally have always felt that Bell at 5 is not much worse than Collingwood although I suppose the latter is more likely to produce it when it matters.
Not sure about Morgan really, and I object to picking him on principle as I do not like England stealing Ireland's players. As far as Cook is concerned I really cannot see who would replace him, the obvious choice is Key but have never rated him as an international batsman. Maybe Carberry if he can produce what he did this years next season.
Yeah, I also feel that there is something not quite right about taking Ireland's players, but I would have thought that he is the best available to England at this moment. His performances in the one day games were quite reasonable, so if he keeps his county form up then I see no real reason why he shouldn't be given a go.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Those little sweeps from Broad aren't a good idea. Particularly when the ball's pitching outside off and turning away.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Watto on!

Massive reverse swing, some nasty bouncers, a stare and a rib injury all before close.

tooextracool

International Coach
Not sure about Morgan really, and I object to picking him on principle as I do not like England stealing Ireland's players. As far as Cook is concerned I really cannot see who would replace him, the obvious choice is Key but have never rated him as an international batsman. Maybe Carberry if he can produce what he did this years next season.
Morgan has a pretty ordinary FC record this season and a pretty ordinary FC record anyways. Would make no sense picking him.

tooextracool

International Coach
That is very unfortunate for Trott. At least he can take some satisfaction from the fact that he''s been the only player today to not give his wicket away.