• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think this is a very very crucial partnership now, If these two can put on 150 runs between them, with Freddy, Broad and Swann still to come I think England could get a respectable total out of this. However, that is a very big "IF" imo.

kingkallis

International Coach
Runs coming freely now...should take proper use of it...

Score atleast 60-70 more without losing a wicket before the Aussies go for the new ball!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Clark has been really disappointing today, I thought since he was picked he would be bowling long tight spells, making the batsmen play as many balls as possible, but he has either been a bit too wide, or bit too straight.
He hasn't been fantastic, but "really disappointing" is overdoing it imo. He's kept the runs down, which on this deck is something. Could be bowling better, but is still doing a job for mine.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
If 111 is unlucky because Nelson ended up with one arm, one leg and one eye, shouldn't that make 222 a pretty good number?

pup11

International Coach
Aust need to be careful here IMO.
Yeah, need a wicket here, if this partnership prospers into a big one, then we're in trouble, anyways amazing to see that in such dry conditions, none of the Aussie quicks have been able to reverse swing the ball yet, just feel that it could be huge factor when England bowl.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah, need a wicket here, if this partnership prospers into a big one, then we're in trouble, anyways amazing to see that in such dry conditions, none of the Aussie quicks have been able to reverse swing the ball yet, just feel that it could be huge factor when England bowl.
Watto. :cool:

King Pietersen

International Captain
:dry: Prior. Poor shot, good slower ball, but still a poor shot. Flintoff has to provide us with something now. Can't see us making much more than 300.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****ing typical. England starting to get on top so here I'll fall for the 3 card trick.

Is there any variation delivery our useless batsmen haven't provided a hatful of wickets to?

England should be massive favourites given a hugely helpful toss they've won. All they had to do was bat.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
He hasn't been fantastic, but "really disappointing" is overdoing it imo. He's kept the runs down, which on this deck is something. Could be bowling better, but is still doing a job for mine.
A lot of his balls have been wide enough for the batsman to leave well alone, which has kind of helped his economy rate, but with all his experience one would expected him to be a bit more pro-active on this deck and try to bowl a few cutters and mix things up.

EDIT: Well bowled Mitch, definitely surprised Prior there.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Prior is a dire keeper, if ever there was one.
:huh: From an Australian point-of-view, he's been the wicket I've wanted most after Strauss. Quality batsman who needs to concentrate a bit more imo.

EDIT: To go on, in the last two Ashes Series, England's tail has started at seven because of poor quality wicket-keepers. He has brought a stability to their lower-order that was much needed.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh and before Boycott rants about it.

Australia's over rate has been so atrocious as to bordering on cheating.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
A lot of his balls have been wide enough for the batsman to leave well alone, which has kind of helped his economy rate, but with all his experience one would expected him to be a bit more pro-active on this deck and try to bowl a few cutters and mix things up.
Agreed. Sounds a much fairer view than your first offering. :)