• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
No. If England wins it, we will see madness of 2005 again, which we certainly don't want.
If England won, I think that we wouldn''t see that madness again. The series just hasn't had the same effect on the population that 2005 had.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Amazed if Onions doesn't play.

I was way more pumped for the last Test Match for some reason, a bit nervous really. Looking forward to watching the whole days play though.

howardj

International Coach
I have a presentation on employee share schemes to do in front of my whole firm tomorrow first thing.

I think it will be a little less than great.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If you have work to do, children to take to school, groceries to buy or a cat to kick, then you could swallow the loser's pill and do just that. Or, you could be one of life's winners: sack... the wife, expel the husband, shoot the ...boss and eBay your children: this is where you should be for the next five days." CI

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
On the plus side, at least it's not Monty.

Playing Harmison is backing the c.10% chance he'll fire and be so much more effective than the steady Onions.

It's a risk, but we need to win the match and fortune favours.

Actually what am I saying - time to heavily back the Aussies methinks.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, yeah, Cricinfo has been good this series the few times I've had a read.

Will be stoked if there's no Onions. But also sad for Onions, because there's no Onions. Onions.

Stapel

International Regular
So, England drop their best bowler (so say the stats) for Harmison. And that's in addition to promoting their worst batsman (including the tailenders) to #3.

Yet, I give England a decent chance. So far, both teams have been below par, with Australia being the better side, by simply being the more consistent side. I feel that if both teams rise to their top levels, England has an edge. That would, however, mean that Harmison holds his line and Bell stays in, not only being lucky during LBW-decisions.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
"Australia definitely unchanged" - Corey Richards

Might have been confirmed elsewhere by now but I thought I'd get that in. :p

kingkallis

International Coach
This is unbelievable!

On what basis they have left out steady Onions? Oh wait - England need to win this and they think Harmison can do this - come on guys! He is way past his prime...