• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, well, Scotland have Celtic & Rangers in Yurp every year. The others would struggle to survive in Norway.
Was an article on the Beeb with Mark McGhee saying that he basically has to buy League One standard players for Motherwell, especially as Setanta aren't pumping any money into the SPL anymore. Really is a massive gulf in quality.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah, well, Scotland have Celtic & Rangers in Yurp every year. The others would struggle to survive in Norway.
That's likely to slip now though with Rangers failings last year then the Scottish Champions may not even make the group stages by direct qualification next season.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ranger's failings are balanced out by their appearance in the UEFA Cup final currently, give it a few years though and those Final points will get discarded and they'll drop.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
That's likely to slip now though with Rangers failings last year then the Scottish Champions may not even make the group stages by direct qualification next season.
Well, the champions qualification and their almost guaranteed seed status means they'll have to beat the champions of Sweden or Latvia or Hungary in the final round. Hardly tricky.

Craig

World Traveller
Well, the champions qualification and their almost guaranteed seed status means they'll have to beat the champions of Sweden or Latvia or Hungary in the final round. Hardly tricky.
:whistling

Forgetting your history from what happened earlier this decade with a certain Italian team :dry:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's not a fact.
Pretty much is. Tevez & Ronaldo were two of your main attacking players & even blood relations of Mickey Owen would struggle to dispute he's had the odd injury prob over the years.

ANy reason as to why Fraizer Campbell didn't hack it?
Not good enough for ManUre. He might make a Prem player, but unless a player is a genuine potential great he'll really struggle to come through from the ranks at a "big four" team now. Campbell is quick, but doesn't have the touch (yet) or vision (which is less likely to develop) to make it at ManUre.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ignoring that Anderson was played out of position I see.
I know he started out on the left yea. But for 45 mins i watched, it seemed as if he & Giggs where in interchanging alot.

So the mid-field was really a flat 4-4-2. On TV it looked like:

---------------------------------------------Owen-----Rooney-------------------------------------------------------------

Anderson--------------------------------------Giggs-------------------------------------------------------------Park

------------------------------------------------Carrick------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our next best defensive mid didn't play today either.
*Sigh*
Even so Carric/Fletcher mid-field as the main mid-field combination is worrying. We need Hargreaves back of course, but i seriously think SAF should consider looking for another option TBH. I say one of Toulalan, Senna or M Diarra ATS.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Odds on Fergie buying before the transfer window ends? He said he wouldn't, which makes it increasingly likely he will but I think he has made a mistake in thinking he could get another season out of Giggs and Scholes.

Man U traditionally start slowly but they have had a gimme of a start. Gets tougher in the next few weeks, finish the month with Arsenal at home.