• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sagna and Denilson are doubtful too. Which means more Diaby and Eboue to enjoy. Might see wee Jack get a run. Some game to be doing it.

Personnel wise Celtic don't worry me in the slightest, if anything the crowd is more likely to defeat us. A good test of if we've gained any "bottle" so to speak over the past few months.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
You are going to the very best club in the world tomorow. make sure you go to all 4 local pubs as well. If you ever wanted to a proper old fashioned football ground then Griffin Park is perfect. Anoyingly I have work again tomorow night so I still have to wait for my first game of the seaosn.
Ahh a Brentford fan then? I'll give you a run down of the game later tonight :)

Scaly piscine

Pathetic, I always think it's really poor when someone in the public eye does this sort of thing to be honest. Having a moan about the police like this does little good to anyone, and sets a poor example for mine.
It's not in that linked story but his amoral arsewipe of a solicitor (Mr. Loophole) was on ITV News rambling on about race, persecution, mysterious sinister goings on etc. The journalist involved wasn't much better mind, saying "it didn't look good" because Defoe happened to have been subjected to a routine stop.

I wish false accusations of racism carried penalties like false accusations of rape do. It is incredibly serious yet knobheads like Defoe can just casually throw it out there whenever they feel like it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's not in that linked story but his amoral arsewipe of a solicitor (Mr. Loophole) was on ITV News rambling on about race, persecution, mysterious sinister goings on etc. The journalist involved wasn't much better mind, saying "it didn't look good" because Defoe happened to have been subjected to a routine stop.

I wish false accusations of racism carried penalties like false accusations of rape do. It is incredibly serious yet knobheads like Defoe can just casually throw it out there whenever they feel like it.
It does stink, but Defoe's solicitor (who does strike one as the kind of individual who'll never need to open doors because he can just ooze underneath them) hasn't made any overt accusations. He's obviously playing a card from the same deck when he says "At worst, it smacks of something far more sinister, which can only add weight to growing concerns that they are being vindictive and my client is being harassed." But he's far too shrewd an operator to blunder in yelling "racism"; he's left the police plenty of wriggle room for a denial (possibly based on mistaken identity), which he then might use as plank in the appeal he's constructing to overturn Defoe's speeding ban.

Scaly piscine

It does stink, but Defoe's solicitor (who does strike one as the kind of individual who'll never need to open doors because he can just ooze underneath them) hasn't made any overt accusations. He's obviously playing a card from the same deck when he says "At worst, it smacks of something far more sinister, which can only add weight to growing concerns that they are being vindictive and my client is being harassed." But he's far too shrewd an operator to blunder in yelling "racism"; he's left the police plenty of wriggle room for a denial (possibly based on mistaken identity), which he then might use as plank in the appeal he's constructing to overturn Defoe's speeding ban.
He said something like 'perhaps racially motivated' on the news last night when he was going through his tin foil hat speech. It's a totally baseless comment with very damaging implications - one he should be forced to take back (and should not have been broadcast), but of course he won't because this country stinks. You're basically allowed to slander here if you stick within some rules.

Johnners

I know it's only wiki, but I thought this peice in Raf VDV's page was itstl. Anyone read/heard anything about it?

He is set to depart Real Madrid after not featuring in the plans of new coach Manuel Pellegrini. He is reported to be the centre of a €7 million bid from Arsenal and is expected to join within the next week.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He said something like 'perhaps racially motivated' on the news last night when he was going through his tin foil hat speech. It's a totally baseless comment with very damaging implications - one he should be forced to take back (and should not have been broadcast), but of course he won't because this country stinks. You're basically allowed to slander here if you stick within some rules.
Tbf, the police force cannot actually be slandered, there are laws which make it impossible for them to commence any action for libel or slander against anyone.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I know it's only wiki, but I thought this peice in Raf VDV's page was itstl. Anyone read/heard anything about it?
I rahter expect it's rubbish to be honest, there has been no mention of it anywhere else, and I very much doubt he is the kind of player Arsenal would be interested in anyway.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hadn't heard that, tbf and what you say is true. He offers a bare sop of a disclaimer in "perhaps" and then effectively defames the police.

However, as I said, he's still within the grounds of deniability in that it isn't (quite) an overt accusation.

Your point is well made tho.

duffer

I rahter expect it's rubbish to be honest, there has been no mention of it anywhere else, and I very much doubt he is the kind of player Arsenal would be interested in anyway.
Well maybe Arsene knows sporadic might be the best we'll ever get out of Rosicky? I actualy loved the new formation we played against Everton and he'd fit it like a glove.

Would obviously prefer to strengthen elsewehere but we know Arsene loves collecting little attackers these days.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hadn't heard that, tbf and what you say is true. He offers a bare sop of a disclaimer in "perhaps" and then effectively defames the police.

However, as I said, he's still within the grounds of deniability in that it isn't (quite) an overt accusation.

Your point is well made tho.
His disclaimer makes no difference mind, he could say whatever he liked about the police force, or any other government body for that matter, including truly obscene things, and not be punished, not for defamation at any rate.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well maybe Arsene knows sporadic might be the best we'll ever get out of Rosicky? I actualy loved the new formation we played against Everton and he'd fit it like a glove.

Would obviously prefer to strengthen elsewehere but we know Arsene loves collecting little attackers these days.
Suppose this is true, but still, I would have thought if there was any real basis behind it we would have heard of something through means other than a small entry on a wiki page, that said, it probably wouldn't be the greatest surprise ever, as like you say, he is the kind of player Wenger likes.

duffer

Suppose this is true, but still, I would have thought if there was any real basis behind it we would have heard of something through means other than a small entry on a wiki page, that said, it probably wouldn't be the greatest surprise ever, as like you say, he is the kind of player Wenger likes.
Yeah I'm not giving the wiki ref any credence but I wouldn't be surprised if Arsene has considered him. Don't think it'll happen though, I think we've got guys like Vela, Merida and Wilshere who will get games instead. I'd prefer it that way anyway.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah I'm not giving the wiki ref any credence but I wouldn't be surprised if Arsene has considered him. Don't think it'll happen though, I think we've got guys like Vela, Merida and Wilshere who will get games instead. I'd prefer it that way anyway.
Yeah me too, VDF hasn't at all reached his potential, his form has been patchy to say the least and he is another one who suffers big time with injuries, I can't imagine he would do a great deal better than the youngsters already at Arsenal's disposal anyway tbh.

irfan

State Captain
For all the Arsenal supporters on here - What type of player would you want to see Wenger buy?

Personally, I reckon we need a tough-tackling defensive midfielder (mid to late 20's). Denilson may have improved but I am not entirely convinced he's suitable for that role.