• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hmm, went to bed early last night a bit under the weather. Seems our blokes were really disciplined, not conceding a run all day. Lack of penetration still a worry though, not geting a wicket. :ph34r:

Looks like Marto had a good time anyway, which is great - was thinkin of you lad.

On the future of the match, why would England worry about scoring at sufficient clip to set a big enough target to make things awkward for Australia? They're 1-0 up, not down. They'd just bat normally, presumably and see what happens, rather than throw wood and risk a collapse.

Though by the weather reports, it all seems moot.
Hmm, not sure. It's hard to see us losing this match whatever happens here. We bat quickly and don't take an Aussie wicket, it ends a draw. If we collapse, Australia get a lead of about 100, but there would not to be a hugely brave declaration from Ponting to force a result. I don't think we're likely to get a win whatever we do, but it seems the most likely way of achieving a result.

Nice of Dizzy to stop by and say hello to the special needs section of the crowd.
:(

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm, not sure. It's hard to see us losing this match whatever happens here. We bat quickly and don't take an Aussie wicket, it ends a draw. If we collapse, Australia get a lead of about 100, but there would not to be a hugely brave declaration from Ponting to force a result. I don't think we're likely to get a win whatever we do, but it seems the most likely way of achieving a result.

:(
If we get 2 full days (unlikely I know), it wouldnt surprise me to see Eng win as I can certainly envisage a situation where Oz get rolled for a low score in good bowling conditions

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tomorrow's forecast is similar to yesterday's apparently yeah, so it does seem unlikely. Not that I trust the forecasts :|

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
11am inspection and a delayed start. Thanks again to warwickshire for choosing not to spend their ECB grant for drainage improvement. ****ing disgraceful.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So frustrating, there were about two hours without rain yesterday and it looks lovely there today. Groundsmen have done a great job, no doubt, but the drainage really should be better than this.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
In terms of facilities, is Edgbaston one of the 5 or 6 best grounds in England and Wales?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
In terms of facilities, is Edgbaston one of the 5 or 6 best grounds in England and Wales?
I'm gonna go ahead & say no.

Trouble is the ECB awards tests on what the venues are prepared to pay for the staging rights rather than the actual viability of the ground.

Pigeon

Banned
Wikipedia said:
For some years until 2000, the ground had a distinctive motorized rain cover system, known as the Brumbrella.The Stadium is now known for it's completely dire drainage facility which has impacted important Test Cricket matches.
:laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm gonna go ahead & say no.

Trouble is the ECB awards tests on what the venues are prepared to pay for the staging rights rather than the actual viability of the ground.
Just not good enough. The top venues should definitely be for the highest drawing teams.

Not happy Jan.