• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

swede

U19 12th Man
This is far from a certain draw. OZ look out of it as there simply isnt time but England still have a good chance, and they must go for it.
even if half of today is lost, 50 overs is enough to gain a narrow lead and go for the win on the last day in what could be good bowling conditions.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just not good enough. The top venues should definitely be for the highest drawing teams.

Not happy Jan.
You're preaching to the choir, mate.

As others have already said it's disgraceful Warwickshire were given £900k to spend on drainage and then didn't use it for its intended purpose.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

As others have already said it's disgraceful Warwickshire were given £900k to spend on drainage and then didn't use it for its intended purpose.
Yep it sure is. Even the joke that the match is delayed today for an hour. So rubbish, the game should have started 30 minutes early to make up for lost time.

I wrote that wiki update tbh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think it's to do with dew etc, not sure. Any lost time is always made up at the end of the day rather than the start in England.

swede

U19 12th Man

Until recently they hadnt ruled out moving to a new site. It makes sense if they didnt want to spend the money before the future of edgbaston was secured.

Anyway, there is little point arguing about it now. Its not as if this has been a massive problem for english cricket and by next year, all the grounds should have the top drainage systems.

sephiroth123

Cricket Spectator
Actually tomorrow's weather looks very good for bowling.

The weather models are suggesting now that Monday will see little if any rain reaching England during the day and its now progged for Tuesday instead...

So with that in mind I think England have a shot at doing it, still going to need a good deal of luck and some very sharp batting/bowling but its possible. I'll now say that there will be no more rain stoppages, I believe we now have near enough 2 full days.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
(to NUFAN) I do in my garden tbf

RE bad light - sure, that stops play when there are dark clouds about. But on a nice day it stays light until around 9pm the summer.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sky showing Lord's 05. Lot of talk about that first over. It's quite the debated topic round these parts, just thought I'd mention that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cool. Am going to a BBQ later so will get a shower and what not in the lunch interval. Am attending this BBQ on the basis of one T&C, can you guess what it is? :D