• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm, went to bed early last night a bit under the weather. Seems our blokes were really disciplined, not conceding a run all day. Lack of penetration still a worry though, not geting a wicket. :ph34r:

Looks like Marto had a good time anyway, which is great - was thinkin of you lad.

On the future of the match, why would England worry about scoring at sufficient clip to set a big enough target to make things awkward for Australia? They're 1-0 up, not down. They'd just bat normally, presumably and see what happens, rather than throw wood and risk a collapse.

Though by the weather reports, it all seems moot.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yes indeed I am.

Was disappointed in Merv, I said "alright Merv", and I was hoping he'd tell me to "**** off you pommie git". He didn't though :(

Unsurprisingly he's quite intimidating in the flesh.
He was probably waiting for you to actually say something after getting his attention. :)

Top_Cat

I've been chuffed to learn during the course of this Test that Edgbaston chose not to spend the £900,000 given to them to improve drainage, preferring to wait till after the Ashes Test. That's the way to treat your loyal paying public including the many Aussie fans that have spent a large chunk of their life savings coming over in the hope of watching some cricket.
Better investment would be to fly to Aus for the next Ashes series. Plenty of great weather and, in recent Tests, plenty of room!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watson does not solve mystery of missing bat - Cricket - Sport - smh.com.au

Agree with Roebuck here

Oz picked an unbalanced squad with insufficient cover in the most important areas
Yeah, I saw that article earlier today and definitely agreed with it. Is there some sort of ICC limit on the number of people you can have in a touring squad? I just wonder, if there isn't, why CA limited itself to 16 players, when they could've easily taken along Dussey and/or Hodge and made it 17 or 18 players. It's not as if they wouldn't have the money to put up one more guy for the tour. There could well be a rule about it, but I haven't heard of it, and it just seems silly to restrict yourself when the squad could simply be expanded.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I saw that article earlier today and definitely agreed with it. Is there some sort of ICC limit on the number of people you can have in a touring squad? I just wonder, if there isn't, why CA limited itself to 16 players, when they could've easily taken along Dussey and/or Hodge and made it 17 or 18 players. It's not as if they wouldn't have the money to put up one more guy for the tour. There could well be a rule about it, but I haven't heard of it, and it just seems silly to restrict yourself when the squad could simply be expanded.
You can't take an infinite number of players, it's pretty unusual to take two back-up batsmen on any tour. You could argue whether Hodge would have been better than Watson, but I don't think Watson's that bad a call anyway.

Burgey

You can't take an infinite number of players, it's pretty unusual to take two back-up batsmen on any tour. You could argue whether Hodge would have been better than Watson, but I don't think Watson's that bad a call anyway.
True, though when two of a squad of 16 (Watson, Lee) get injured early doors, you'd think they'd bring at least one other player over. Especially for Lee, who it looks like is going to be unavailable for 4 out of 5 tests, yet still allowed to stay without a shadow player being called up.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
when they could've easily taken along Dussey and/or Hodge and made it 17 or 18 players
Isn't Dussey playing country cricket for Nottinghamshire? Surely they could just shoehorn him into the squad at any time whilst he's in England.

Mind you, I see he didn't play in Notts' last first-class game :unsure:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
True, though when two of a squad of 16 (Watson, Lee) get injured early doors, you'd think they'd bring at least one other player over. Especially for Lee, who it looks like is going to be unavailable for 4 out of 5 tests, yet still allowed to stay without a shadow player being called up.
Yeah, can't understand why they haven't got cover for Lee. Although I suppose there's Clark there.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Isn't Dussey playing country cricket for Nottinghamshire? Surely they could just shoehorn him into the squad at any time whilst he's in England.

Mind you, I see he didn't play in Notts' last first-class game :unsure:
Dussey was only covering for Voges during the Aus A matches.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Various weather forecasts look like that's it for the rain now. Will be interesting to see if we can manage a result.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahh, I see :wacko:
Maybe he's still hanging around in England though?
He may sniff the slight chance of sneaking into the team :happy:
Wouldn't be upset with that, he's looked pretty ordinary so far at international level, and if I understand right limited overs is meant to be his strength.

Redbacks

International Captain
for Lee, who it looks like is going to be unavailable for 4 out of 5 tests, yet still allowed to stay without a shadow player being called up.
The Barmy Army are calling him the average Aussie holiday maker. Over in England serving drinks to make money.