• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
123 runs in 9 innings with a high score of 35.
So yeah he averages 13.67 if you remove his games against WI.
:dry: And we know how classy that 35 was.

And saw how he field at Lords, his over-throws were pathetic. He really needs to step up in the 3rd Test, which I'm sure he's going to play :sleep:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Both a fantastic and slightly dissapointing day, thought at the start of the day I might see a classic day but instead got a very enjoyable couple of hours. Was not really sure what to think when Clarke was out, it was such a dissapointing shot, just when it looked like the match was on again. From then on I just enjoyed watching Johnson bat and most of all one of the most fantastic spells of fast bowling I am ever likely to see. Was a great privelege to watch Fred in one of his last tests.
My Girlfried did not have such a fantastic time, was angry from the first ball because they confiscated her Australian flag at the gates but cheered every run they made.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Both a fantastic and slightly dissapointing day, thought at the start of the day I might see a classic day but instead got a very enjoyable couple of hours. Was not really sure what to think when Clarke was out, it was such a dissapointing shot, just when it looked like the match was on again. From then on I just enjoyed watching Johnson bat and most of all one of the most fantastic spells of fast bowling I am ever likely to see. Was a great privelege to watch Fred in one of his last tests.
My Girlfried did not have such a fantastic time, was angry from the first ball because they confiscated her Australian flag at the gates but cheered every run they made.
How come you allowed her to take it to the ground in the first place? I'm disappointed that you relied on the Lord's security to do your job for you.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
And if you're at Lord's on Saturday, Mr Pothas, I'd equally expect your girlfriend to confiscate your Pantshire flag too :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just hearing Ponting's interview again, gotta say, he did tell a monumental fib. He said it was the first cheer he'd had in five days, not true, he must have been forgetting the catch that he shelled on day 3 :ph34r:

JBH001

International Regular
Mate, you're starting to sound like an incredibly artless version of Neville Cardus, who kept imploring Bradman to play the beautiful, but short and sharp knock on the 34 tour. Wonderful to behold but just not a threat to the opposition.
Spare us mate. he didn't look convincing at all, and I'm a fan of his. He's got some issues to work out,and I suspect he will. He's a good kid, but it's tough to learn on the job as a test player at 20. They should have had a third opener there, or a reserve batsman, just in case.
Dont know what the big deal about Hughes is, myself. But then I did not see him bat in South Africa. Frankly, given his technical deficiences for an opening batsman (i.e. a disinclination to first get behind the line of the ball, preferring instead to first get beside and to leg side of it) I dont know how successful he is likely to be. Nothing special so far, especially on two very good batting decks, and found out by Freddie on one knee. He obviously has fantastic reactions and a wonderful eye, no question, but I dont think thats going to be enough for him to forge a successful and long career without addressing his technical deficiencies. Unless of course he is served up a succession of flat tracks, in which case every so often he will come off - and spectacularly so. Still not impressed though, despite all the hype.

JBH001

International Regular
Glad I caught the end of the game yesterday as I logged out of my laptop before going to bed.

Have to concur that was a lovely and gracious speech from Punter - he really tends to get more than he deserves in terms of vitriol. Thought Strauss should have probably got the MoTM for his batting, and for turning his side around so quickly after Cardiff - players were a lot more settled and disciplined. (Ponting will have to follow suit for Edgbaston.) But cant argue with Fred getting the MoTM. Somewhat sentimental, but deservedly so.

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
Why was he banned? I didn't know being annoying was a bannable offense.
Yeah, agree. Not for the first time CW mods are far too quick with the ban stick. I mean, not even a suspension as warning?

Sure the guy is an annoying ****, but thats what the ignore button is for. Poor form, imo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, agree. Not for the first time CW mods are far too quick with the ban stick. I mean, not even a suspension as warning?

Sure the guy is an annoying ****, but thats what the ignore button is for. Poor form, imo.
What is a suspension, exactly? I'd love to know.

JBH001

International Regular
A temporary ban from CW, or alternatively, a suspension from parts of the forum, say CC and/or the Ashes sub-forum.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
A temporary ban from CW, or alternatively, a suspension from parts of the forum, say CC and/or the Ashes sub-forum.
Pretty certain he's only got a temporary ban tbf.

Not sure whether the ban was for his rubbish in this thread or the abusive post he made in OT

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Almost certainly for the post in OT I'd have thought, Rodgie copped a load of trouble for something similar a couple of years back. He was consistently trolling rather than just being annoying mind you.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A temporary ban from CW
Yeah, this is exactly what he got. :p

It was primarily due to one post in Off Topic he made response to a picture a member posted of themselves, although the fact that he's been warned for trolling a few times was obviously taken into account too.

Last edited: