• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Biggest cheer is for the umpires, fittingly so. Rudi gets a special award for his 100th test - not, as some Aussies on here have suggested, MOTM.

Nice from Strauss acknowledging Haddin and Clarke before throwing himself at Flintoff's feet.
:laugh::laugh:

Jarquis

He, sure is. Bell has a sound technique and great strokes. IMO, he has the ability to become a real good batsman.

I've heard Prior being criticised for his bad record against some particular teams, prior to this series. What's Bopara's average after excluding his runs against the West Indies?<20?
123 runs in 9 innings with a high score of 35.
So yeah he averages 13.67 if you remove his games against WI.

pup11

International Coach
I haven't read through the thread yet, but I'll defy everyone to find any fault with what Ponting said in the post-match today. No sign of "enraged chimpdom" as one of our more socially challenged members has been dwelling upon. The guy never gets any credit for the good things he does off-field and I for one am proud of him as Australian captain.
First of all would like to congratulate England and all the English fans, outplayed us completely through the last 5 days, and they clearly deserved to win the game in the end.

Freddie is indeed a champion, but hate him for the fact that he tends to save his best for us, anyways in the end atleast it was good to see Clarke, Haddin and Mitch show some resistance otherwise this could have been very embarrassing for us.

Moving on, I completely agree with your views regarding Ricky, he was brilliant in the post-match interview, handled the defeat in a very gracious manner, and also said things that were needed to be addressed about his team.

pup11

International Coach
Hughes needs to do something soon, or else I'd think at the end of this series, he's better off going back to FC for another season and working out his obvious issues that at the moment at preventing him gain the benefit of his equally obvious strengths. By "do something" I mean demonstrate he can work out those problems in the cauldron of test cricket. Not writing him off, but plenty of young tyros have been dropped and come back in a year or two much more complete players.
I said this in Phil Hughes thread, and would repeat the same thing here, I don't think Prince is doing much wrong, its just that his weakness of being a predominantly off-side player has been exploited by the English fast bowlers.

They have tucked up him and given him no room whatsoever to work with, and that has led him into playing some false shots, I am pretty sure the break leading into the next test would give him enough time to come out with a better strategy to counter the English bowlers.

andyc

Yeah, you're right. 5-0, now that's murdering. I remember you going off at an Australian for even mentioning 5-0 before the series begun and once it was all said and done, your post got bumped and you went off your nut. Was hilarious. :D:p
**** me you've been posting some rubbish in this thread. Whenever I read a good post from Fuller or Burgey or the like, I wonder why I don't come to CC more often, and then I read **** like this.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
stfu ben banned, woo, this is turning out to be some day
Incidentally, how can you tell when someone has been banned? Or do you have to be an Insider Staff Member to learn of these things? Are details of the offence and sentence publicly posted somewhere too?