• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He may have been out LBW, but was given out caught. The third umpire could only say whether it was a catch or not. He should be allowed to say that he didn't get any bat on it.

I reckon it could have slipped down the leg side. Oh no, wait, we have to trust Hawkeye. Hawkeye said it was hitting leg, it must be out.
Please keep making the excuses. Blaming someone else is the best way to ensure that any shortcomings aren't addressed.

Also, missing leg stump my arse.

Burgey

Just for the record, Ponting has acknoweldged England outplayed Australia at the outset of his speech on the radio. And again in his preso speech.

Wanted to put that out there, before everyone comes on here and says because he didn't deliver his remarks with a big ****-eating grin on his face he wasn't gracious.

On the radio he's asked about Flintoff and said he bowled well, which is what Australia expected. I'm just noting this down for the benefit of our English brethren.

The English crowd gives Ponting a cheer as he responds in a quality and gracious manner to a **** question from Atherton about the umpiring. Doesn't blame them. Again, if anyone wants to bag him about this, please feel free to dispute this account.

Biggest cheer is for the umpires, fittingly so. Rudi gets a special award for his 100th test - not, as some Aussies on here have suggested, MOTM.

Nice from Strauss acknowledging Haddin and Clarke before throwing himself at Flintoff's feet.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Just for the record, Ponting has acknoweldged England outplayed Australia at the outset of his speech on the radio. And again in his preso speech.

Wanted to put that out there, before everyone comes on here and says because he didn't deliver his remarks with a big ****-eating grin on his face he wasn't gracious.
Yeah, he always cops it, but rarely ever says anything wrong.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought Strauss deserved it myself.
As did I.

Minor quibles aside, I really don't enjoy it when the better team wins and that team isn't Australia.

On the plus side Johnson has now cemented his place as an all-rounder with yet another fine half century. Our side just needs everything to click for the next test. Our batsmen need to realise their form in the first innings, and our bowlers need to improve their lines. Do these two simple things and we will start winning again.

Burgey

Not trying to troll.

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 8 seconds.
Look mate, I was as filthy as anyone on the decisions - you always are when it's your team on the end of them.

But Australia lost this game because they were ****, especially days 1 and 2. The umpires didn't bowl wide and short and make it impossible to set a field. Nor did they play 5 or more **** pull shots in the first innings to surrender wickets to the opposition.

England were good (not outstanding mind) for a fair bit of the game; Australia were terrible for 2/5 of the game. That was the difference, England were more disciplined.

If Australia revert to the disciplined approach from Cardiff, they'll get their rewards in the next few tests, mostly because (imo) they've got a better side atm than England. But not so much better that they'll romp it if they aren't at or near their best.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

On the radio he's asked about Flintoff and said he bowled well, which is what Australia expected. I'm just noting this down for the benefit of our English brethren.

The English crowd gives Ponting a cheer as he responds in a quality and gracious manner to a **** question from Atherton about the umpiring. Doesn't blame them. Again, if anyone wants to bag him about this, please feel free to dispute this account.

Biggest cheer is for the umpires, fittingly so. Rudi gets a special award for his 100th test - not, as some Aussies on here have suggested, MOTM.

Nice from Strauss acknowledging Haddin and Clarke before throwing himself at Flintoff's feet.
I listened to that press conference very intently, for the slightest bit of ammo to throw back at him. Unfortunately I couldn't find any, so I'm going to settle for simple infantile gloating over the result.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Johnson isn't getting enough credit either. Took Flintoff's very best and still wasn't good enough to get him out.