• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh yes!!!

Brilliant, kept our heads. Sure, we've had a bit of luck, but I'm sure the Aussies have had a bit at some point in the last 75 years too. Fantastic game, brilliant comeback from our guys after last week, and top effort from the Aussies to make us so scared during this run-chase. Bring on Edgbaston. :)
True this. Our luck was especially there in 85, when Simon O'Donnell played int he Lord's Test.

And we won :)

simmy

International Regular
Katich and Ponting in the first innings.

Hughes and Hussey in the second innings.

I thought there was another one as well. Hughes first innings dismissal was questionable, IMO.
Ponting was out... I hate to tell you...

Hughes wouldnt have scored many anyway...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good job by England to wrap it up early today. If nothing else it means I won't be tempted to stay up watching. At the start of the day I thought we might see some English bumbling make it a tight match, but Freddie's aggression put paid to that.

They outplayed us completely in this test match, and I hope the Aussie batsmen are wondering what could have been if they had a bit of application in the first innings.

pasag

RTDAS
Well, personally I think we'd of lost and you'd have made history without Freddie. We'll never know though. This pitch does get awfully flat as the match goes along.
Would have certainly lost without Strauss, IMO (or drawn anyways). Am 80% sure you guys would have won without Flintoff this morning. Don't get me wrong, Fred was superb, but it's Strauss's match.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Ponting was out... I hate to tell you...

Hughes wouldnt have scored many anyway...
He may have been out LBW, but was given out caught. The third umpire could only say whether it was a catch or not. He should be allowed to say that he didn't get any bat on it.

I reckon it could have slipped down the leg side. Oh no, wait, we have to trust Hawkeye. Hawkeye said it was hitting leg, it must be out.

grecian

Would have certainly lost without Strauss, IMO (or drawn anyways). Am 80% sure you guys would have won without Flintoff this morning. Don't get me wrong, Fred was superb, but it's Strauss's match.

Possibly, but I think Freddie and Jimmy bowled really well in the first innings to restrict you on a batsmen pitch. Lets face it I want Freddie to win because of sentimental reasons. this could be his last test match in my opinion.

Last edited:

TazzX

U19 12th Man
So so so happy and Im not even English :)

There really is nothing better than seeing Assie going down in Test cricket ... being the Ashes makes it only sweeter.

What a spell by Flintoff :) Also Swann's dismissal of Clarke was nothing short of brilliant.

Well played England.

Jarquis

He may have been out LBW, but was given out caught. The third umpire could only say whether it was a catch or not. He should be allowed to say that he didn't get any bat on it.

I reckon it could have slipped down the leg side. Oh no, wait, we have to trust Hawkeye. Hawkeye said it was hitting leg, it must be out.
It's been said before.
Wrong decision but right outcome.